Santee Rediversion Canal

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by bigcatman0001, Apr 12, 2008.

1. bigcatman0001

bigcatman0001 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Hey all! Just wanted to let those of you who fish Santee know that even with slow bites on the lake lately, there has still been some good fishing in the rediversion canal. You'll have to do a bit of looking to find the boat ramp, but it's worth the trip! We caught 17 fish in about 4 hours, ranging from 3-15 pounds. Lost a nice one that was peeling the drag off of our reel :-(

2. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks for the report Brad. Sounds like you had a good trip. How do you get to the rediversion canal? What boat ramp do you use?

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    welcome to the boc its good to have you abord

4. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Welcome to the BOC Brad and thanks for the report.

5. jk888

jk888 Member

State:
    GA
    Jason you cannot use a boat in the rediversion canal. The closest ramp is the Russelville ramp.
    I would assume they are talking about fishing in the Russelville Flat area at he mouth of the Rediversion canal.
    You can bank fish on the rediversion canal but cannot use a boat.

I think all this information is correct.

Jim

6. bigcatman0001

bigcatman0001 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    You can put a boat in a small section of the rediversion canal between the farthest rairoad and were it dumps back into the santee river. The biat landing is on the same road as Arrowhead campground. I am pretty sure that is the name.

7. scwolf

scwolf New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    The boat landing is off of hwy. 45 out of St. Stephens on Arrowhead Rd.

What types of bait were you guys using, and were you fishing daytime or night? I'm thinking of going that way this weekend. We caught about 12 or so a few weeks ago from the banks, so may try to take a boat out this weekend.

Thanks

8. bigcatman0001

bigcatman0001 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    We were using cut herring and white bass and fished in the evning and at night.

9. scwolf

scwolf New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    We fished the Rediversion canal this past Friday night and Saturday. Unfortunately it was one of those trips where the fish thought that our relaxation was more important than the fish biting. We caught one small blue when they started running water and had a few pulls that I think were gars. It was still a good trip and the first time we were able to get out on a boat since selling ours in January. Eugene at arrowhead store had told us that the catfishing had slowed down when the cold front hit, but we were going anyway.

I must say hats off to Eugene and Trisha of Arrowhead hotel and store, They provided a dependable rental boat, and are super people to talk with. Hopefully will be going out on the lake next weekend out of Rocks Pond and maybe can find some fish then.