Santee june 18-22

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by fishmccall, Jun 10, 2008.

1. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    Going down to santee next week to do some night. Does anyone have any Info on where we should fish shallow,deep or in the canal? Only get to go once a year so any Info would be appreciated and thank's for the help.

2. JRicker

JRicker New Member

State:
    Tenessee
    No info but i wanna go with ya

3. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Brad:

I fished Marion (upper lake) last year during this time. I did well out in the Little River channel. However, I only fished at night which can be a bit spooky out there. If the wind is bad you could find a cove or creek and fish in shallow water. Again, this would be better at night. If you want to fish only during the day, I guess I would drift cutbait. Not too sure about the canal, I personally don't like to fish there. Let us know which lake you plan to fish. Good luck! I might be there at that time as well.

4. big corey

big corey New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    he said santee thats marion

5. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    We will be fishing at night and are staying at canal lakes. Want to mainly fish in the upper lake and once again thank's for all Info.

6. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Corey, there's alot of water at "Santee" so it helps to know exactly where (Marion, Moultrie; etc.) Brad, I have been to Canal Lakes. It is a bit of a run to Little River from there, but than again, I usually travel a fair distance from Wyboo on the other side. I also target Flatheads when I fish Santee, so keep that in mind. There are some great areas on that side where you can place baits in both shallow and deep water. That would be a great start, especially at night! I fish exclusively with live white perch and bream. Also, during the day I would scout water and try to find structure that might hold some Flatheads. There's so much structure! If you want to fish during the day and drift for Blues or something, I have had some good days straight out from Rocks Pond area. But, like I said, I usually only fish at night for Flatheads. Send me a PM closer to that time... I might be there as well. Also, the SC folks here on the BOC can offer a wealth of knowledge!

7. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    Marc, I will send you a PM sun. or mon. we will be leaving wed. afternoon the 18th.

8. mudfishmusic

mudfishmusic New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I'm not sure but I think most consider Lake Marion and Moultrie both to be part of the Santee System. The Santee State Park and communities of North and South Santee are all on Lake Marion. The Santee River also starts above Lake Marion and runs through.

9. Yes, actually a more accurate phrase is Santee-Cooper, which does consist of Lake marion and Moultrie. The Santee river enters Lake Marion at the North end and exits east at spillway and the santee river continues there.
    Lake Moultrie flows into the tailrace canal which enters the Cooper River.
    also the 2 lakes are connected by a long canal(the diversion canal)

10. catchaser1

catchaser1 New Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    Good luck down there, and yall be careful! IM JEALOUS:crazy::smile2::roll_eyes: