Santee in July

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by mark29860, Jun 25, 2009.

1. mark29860

mark29860 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Hello folks, I will be off for a few days around July 8 and want to get down to Santee for a few days. Which lake would be the best to fish also should I try and do most of my fishing at night. Thanks for the help.

2. deerhntr22

deerhntr22 New Member

State:
    Greenville, SC
    Mark, I would say either lake can produce, thats my opinion...depends really on what kind of catfishing you like to do...but unless you want to be slap burnt up, then I would suggest fishing in late afternoons thru around 9ish...but again thats just my personal opinion, Im sure others will post as well...either way, good luck and tight lines...:big_smile::wink:

3. catmandosimpsonville

catmandosimpsonville New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I agree with deerhntr22. I am going down tomorrow but I will be fishing the lower lake for sure. Probally drifting the deeper humps back and forth across the channel. If you are down that way, give me a shout on the VHF.

Deerhntr to go down to Santee this weekend?

4. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    I'll be doing the same thing as Jim, drifting the channel ledges. I like the night time though. It's easy to get bait near sunset and it is really hot out there. What VHF channel do BOC members usually use on the lake. Good luck to you both on your trip.
    Matt

5. catmandosimpsonville

catmandosimpsonville New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Matt I think most of us use Ch69. Give me a shout or call on my cell. I will be in late Thursday evening.
    Jim

6. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    I'm coming down on Monday evening and will fish through the night. Ya'll throw 'em back so I will have something to catch!:wink:

7. oldcatsc

oldcatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    In july the early morning bite seems to be the best on marion , and night to me is best on moultrie . drifting the channel drop offs and the deep water humps on moultrie day or night normally good. I have in the past caught fish in the middle of the day on marion when the mussels are floating in shallow open water . last weekend the bite was slow to none on the upper lake , several fish caught on moultrie durning the day . because of the heat , :wink:night might be better , wish everyone a happy 4th of july .