santee fishing

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by monk, Apr 3, 2008.

1. monk

monk New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Made first trip of year to santee last week end.Great trip my brother caught a 47 lb. flat head and later caught 51 lb.I caught a 44lb. and a 45 lb. flat. Caught about 450 lbs. in all.

2. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Dang those are some nice flatheads. How deep did you fish and what bait were you using?

3. mf7406

mf7406 New Member

State:
    ga
    sounds like you had a good trip. glad to hear that they were biting. i'm leaving to go down there sat. about noon. what area were you in & how deep. do they still have the big bait.

4. lakemoultrieblues

lakemoultrieblues Member

State:
    SC
    Those were some really nice flatheads. Thanks for the report.

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Monk, that's a great report. Glad you fellas had a good trip. Keep up the good work, and welcome to the BOC. :big_smile:

6. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    nice catch monk,thanks for the report

7. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sounds like a good trip do you like fish for production for stores and stuff

8. monk

monk New Member

State:
    south carolina
    FISH WERE CAUGHT IN 15 FT. TO 30 FT. I ONLY FISH WITH ROD AND REEL. FISH JUST FOR FUN.

9. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Very nice fishing trip!

10. fishwillie1

fishwillie1 New Member

State:
    Pamplico S.C.
    Nice catch and thanks for the info. I hope to be back on the lakes soon. How was the lake level. The last time I was there about 3 weeks ago it was looking a lot better.

11. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 Member

State:
    Central, SC
    You will need a back up bait to have because the big baits are all but gone abck to the sea.

12. Pro kc

Pro kc New Member

State:
    Barnwell, South Carolina
    Guys i fish santee alot around elliots landing. Has the flatheads started biting around there yet?

13. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    sounds like a good trip with alot of fish

14. monk

monk New Member

State:
    south carolina
    question. cane I have my 36" blue fishing in the evening and catch another after 12: 00 because it starts another day at 12:00 with out comeing in to ramp.

15. WillyMan

WillyMan New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Nice, show me show me show me, I wanna see em.
    Gratz :smile2:

16. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    Ron, I wouldn't try it because you will still have more than two cats over 36"in the boat at one time.

17. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "...can I have my 36" blue fishing in the evening and catch another after 12: 00 because it starts another day at 12:00 with out comeing in to ramp...."

NO!!

I don't care if you are out there for a week you better not get stopped with more than one fish per person in your possesion.

Why would you wan to keep a fish that big anyway?

18. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Fished above !95 this weekend and the bite has really slowed since last week. Fished hard all day friday and finally ended up with 8 fish. Six blues and two channels with the biggest blue about 20 lbs. All of these were caught in less than 4 ft. of water in the swamp. The gar are out in full force so if your going to fish the swamp area, better bring a few extra dozen baits... Friday night we set up in the deep water adjacent to a sharp bend in the river channel and within 30 minutes one slammed a rod so hard I thought it break before one of my buddies could wrestle it out of the rod holder. It was his first time catfishing with me and Im sure it wont be his last........his fish weighed 53 lbs (blue). Well, I figured that would be about it for big fish when another rod doubled over hard and my other fishing partner ended up with a 47 lb blue. We picked up several other smaller blues from the same area before calling it a night around midnight. This spot is now a hard waypoint on my GPS !!!!

19. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    I would say you you wont have to twist his arm to go back again:smile2:!! Good deal, glad you had a good trip.

20. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    Foxhound
    you gave me some info on live bait in june the other day. I have one more thing to ask, does the live bait wrap you up or is there a trick to it.THANKS