Santee Cooper Weather & Data Links

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by blackwaterkatz, Dec 31, 2005.

1. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    For visitors to the Santee Cooper Lakes; Marion and Moultrie:
    I went to Lake Moultrie this morning, but found it too rough to fish, as least on the East side where I was, due to a west wind, which at the time was only ~7mph per my anemometer. The wind carries over the entire lake, and can really get rough, even with what would normally be a slight breeze, just depends on the wind direction.
    A lot of people come here to fish. I know there were at least 2 members who planned to travel several hours to fish today and return home. The weather conditions probably made it really tough for them. I would like to offer some of the links I use a lot to check such things as wind forecast, water gauge and discharge levels, water temp, Oxygen levels, etc. Go online and check these out before you leave. I just hate to see a 1-day trip spoiled by weather. Of course there are places to fish and get out of the wind, but it may not be where you have planned to fish.
    Here goes:

Wind Forecast for Lake Moultrie

NWS Weather Forecast for Cross, SC, near Diversion Canal

NWS - Charleston, SC .....Check Out Their Experimental Forecast Images

Lake Marion Levels near Pineville, SC

Lake Moultrie Levels near Pinopolis, SC

Lake Moultrie Tailrace Canal @ Moncks Corner, SC

Rediversion Canal at Santee River near St. Stephen, SC

2. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Just thought about another piece of info especially for those who fish the diversion canal. Call 1-800-92LAKES (1-800-925-2537); the Santee Cooper Lakes Information Line,for info on lake levels and estimated discharges & times for the Jeffries generating plant at Moncks Corner, or the St. Stephen generating station at St. Stephen. This may help you determine when there will be current in the canal. The actual discharges are also available online in graph form, using the links I posted above.

3. SFISHER

SFISHER Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Name:
    Steve
    Thanks for the links Tommy.

4. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Steve, how are you, buddy? Long time no hear. Hope you all are doing well and had a good Christmas & New Year's.