Santee Cooper Trip

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by ldw45, May 7, 2009.

1. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well it happened and wow was it a trip! My son gave me the trip for my birthday. Last Saturday we fished the day with Ron Howard, Roundhill - Catfishing Guide Service. (Check his info in the Catfish Guides section). Weather was perfect but the fish did not want to cooperate. We ended the day with 11 which was more than the other guides we talked with were able to produce. Two of the 11 came in at around the 15# mark. Ron worked hard to get us on the fish. If you are planning a trip I would heartily recommend his guide service. He is a riot to be with. Knowledgable, humorous, and willing to share what he knows about the catfish.

I've attached several pictures. Somehow my camera got switched to video mode and a lot of the good pictures are not here.

Attached Files:

• 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      35.3 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      32 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      27.4 KB
      Views:
  2. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    some more pics

Attached Files:

• 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      29.3 KB
      Views:

3. olddriller

olddriller New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congrats, Dean , Have a good Summer

4. trapperP

trapperP New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Hey Cuz!
    How come the ugly guy with the overalls got in all the pictures? Glad you had a good trip and thanks for posting me the photos. Guess your trip will really whet your appetite for catching that old big one now, huh? Believe me it is a never ending quest! My largest cat w/ rod and reel to date is a 53# flathead from Santee-Cooper - and I want a bigger one!
    I tell you, this big fish business is a sickness and time on the river or lake is the only cure!

5. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dang Cuz, Them overhalls are a trademark! We will have to get together down on the Santee. Ron says October on into the winter is best all time
    to fish there.

6. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Thanks for the pics and report. Sounds like you had a great time! I wonder when bwhupp is going to take me to Santee Cooper :roll_eyes::wink:

7. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    congrats on a good trip. im gonna try to hit that lake this summer. its only a few hours from where ill be stationed.

8. macdaddy

macdaddy New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    Bet you heard some stories from that Roundhill fella!!!! Great guy he is can't wait to meet him again!!!!!:smile2:

9. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois
    congrats on what sounded like a wonderful trip Dean.

10. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    I would recommend hooking up with Ron..... I assure a good trip and a fun day.

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats on a great trip Dean. I look forward to hearing the finer details at the Gathering in June.