Santee Cooper Lakes, High Water

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by blackwaterkatz, Nov 27, 2006.

1. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    There is a ton of water coming down through the lakes system right now, water is being dumped through the re-diversion canal as well as into Cooper River. There should be lots of current through the diversion canal and the channels through Moultrie toward the rediversion and the dam. Water temps are in the 56-58 deg range.

For all you experts out there; where, how, and with what bait would you fish during these conditions? :big_smile:

2. Your right tommy about the water in the diversion. I got my bait
    sun a.m. from canal lakes bait shop and i noticed how fast the water was moving. I'd take a pretty good weight to keep bait on the bottom in that current.

3. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Don't really know except that I have always heard that the Diversion Canal fishes best with good current movng through. I'll be interested to hear any other's suggestions.

4. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Forget the canal-the hot fishing will be up at Rimini.When the river flows over in the flats at Pac's the fishing is unreal.

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Tell us more, Jimmy. We're all ears! :0a31:

6. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    If the wind will allow I would anchor on the edge of some of those humps where a current break is around the mouth of the diversion and rediversion.The Russleville flats area should be good too with the current coming accross and threw the cypress trees.

7. Beaufort

Beaufort Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Hey jimmy what is Rimmi.

8. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Rimini is the upper part of Lake Marion where the Santee river enters it.You can leave Pac's & take a right past what they call "long island"-You'll have to tie off to the trees to fish because the current should be swift with all the inflow.One hint,the boat must be still-no backend-sway.Last year when the river ran over you couldn't find a place to park at Pac's.