Santee Cooper LAke trip April 16-22

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catchaser1, Apr 22, 2007.

1. catchaser1

catchaser1 New Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    We made it back in one piece! It was a long week, but well worth it. We caught around 50 fish. Most were caught in 3' of water around cypress trees. Caught 2 25 lb blues, 2, around 18 lbs, and the rest were 12 to 2 lbs. I did manage to catch a new personal best for myself yesterday evening around 7 p.m., a 40 lb flathead. It was caught a white perch head. It was a heck of a fight I will never forget. Everyone will be happy to know it was released to grow somemore, and also the two 25 lb blues. Caught alot of grief from people about releasing them, but we all know why we do it. All fish were caught on ocean herring, blue back herring, shad, and white perch. The wind wasnt good at all Monday and Tuesday. Ended up going down to the tail race. Caught 5 of the fish drifting with the current when they were pulling water dropping bait straight down about a foot off the bottom. The two 25 lbers were caught beside pinopolis point in the cypress trees. The flathead was caught up above harry's, in 26' of water. A great trip, but glad to be home.

2. hnterrcc1951

hnterrcc1951 New Member

State:
    indiana

3. catchaser1

catchaser1 New Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    Having trouble posting pic, I'll get it in a few minutes

4. catchaser1

catchaser1 New Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    I think I got it this time

Attached Files:

5. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I'm glad yall got on some fish.Good job.

6. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Good report and glad you released the big boys so they can produce more cats.

7. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    Whos' that cool looking joker in the boat with you and Josh?

8. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    We had a so-so trip, not real bad or not real good,caught several good fish, broke off 3 good fish in the 25-30 lb range. Most of the fish were caught at the upper lake dike around marker 39 - 40 . Had a few in the 12-13 pound range. Caught 21 fish Friday, the rest of the 40 fish wre caught Sat, Friday night and Sat, night.

We had our sucky luck too. It came up a bad storm Thursday night , went to take the boat out and the truck stopped running on the ramp . Final got it off the ramp and to the room and the storm got worst. We never get a room on the first night so two of us conked out in the truck and the other stayed with Brad and Josh. It quit storming aroung 1:00 a.m and I wanted to fish bad, but the truck ciontinued to keep cutting off, so Brad had to take me to the parts house Friday morning to get parts(((thanks again Brad))). We finally got to fishing arpound 9:30 a.m. Friday and fished as hard as we could in the wind. The wind hammered us all day friday out of the nnw, then out of the north later on. I've had better and I've had worst, but I will be back and I will try again.

To all that was there and to all I met, it was a blast and I enjoyed meeting the rest of you.

Good stab on the Flathead Brad. I know how much you enjoyed it, I truely do:big_smile:

9. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.

Man you guys really covered some water from Pinopolis to Harrys!!

10. jhedg

jhedg New Member

State:
    AZ
    Sounds sweet going to be heading there for my first time in a month or so

11. catchaser1

catchaser1 New Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    heres one more pic

Attached Files:

12. Chris55

Chris55 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Its good to know that someone is catching fish.The bite will be better in May,I hope.

13. Tarheel Cat1

Tarheel Cat1 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    We practice and support C P R."Thanks to all who do to".

14. JACKSON

JACKSON New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Glad you had good luck and Thanks for the report

15. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    You guys look like the three stooges. LOL! Just kiddin man, I would give anything to go down to Santee. Nice 40 pounder!!