Santee Cooper In Jan/Feb Any Good ??

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Catfishin_Farm_Boy, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Catfishin_Farm_Boy

Catfishin_Farm_Boy New Member

State:
    Sevierville, TN
    Hay Yall,

I was wonderin how the catfishin and striper fishin was down yonder in January and February ??? Was figure'n on stayin down yonder for 2 days.. Whats the best place to stay with heat ?? lmao... I was lookin at gettin a guide dont really feel like haulin all my crap down there... If you have any recommendations for a guide please let me know !!! Someone that does both catfish and striper would be good but I guess I could mix it up between different people.. Thanks for all the info ahead of time.... :smile2:

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Look up Roundhill he will put you on some BIG cats and you can fish comfortable inside the full inclosure. There is something about sitting inside in the heat and running out to real in a HUGE catfish. I would say its the only way to fish. Good luck to ya.

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I'll second what James said. Some of the biggest fish of the year can be caught in Jan & Feb, especially if we get a cold snap to help with the shad die-off. That's when the fish follow the baitfish and gorge themselves. Also don't have to contend with the pleasure boats and weekend warriors too much. :crazy:
    Get in touch with roundhill; you won't regret it. You may end up with a picture to use for a real avatar...:wink:

4. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Erik, Ditto and Ditto!!

Roundhill is the man!! He is quite the entertainer with some GREAT fishing tales! or is that Lies? :wink: Either way you can't go wrong with "The Roundhill"!

5. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    That time of the year is great for bluecats. Flatheads seem to be in hibernation then. What I've always heard was that the blues go deep and hang out near shad schools. Looking at the lake maps, the best idea seems to be near the dams as that is the deepest parts of both lakes.
    My 2 cents...

6. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Roundhill is the way to go!:wink: He taught me a great deal about Santee. Why fish with the rest, when you can fish with the best!:wink: Roundhills the man!

7. smokkin99

smokkin99 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    That goes for me TOO. HEAD for the ROUNDHILL he is the MAN. give him a call.

8. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    Well that pretty well says it Eric, I agree with most everyone who fishes or lives on santee cooper (Roundhill-5 other guides-0) he is one of the BEST guides you can charter, not only will he put you on fish when every one else is still looking but he will keep you entertained as well.

9. Cgoyette

Cgoyette New Member

State:
    South Caro
    for numbers or size its a GREAT Time!!!

10. Catfishin_Farm_Boy

Catfishin_Farm_Boy New Member

State:
    Sevierville, TN
    Thank You Very Much -
    Rivercatsc, Blackwaterkatz, Sunbird, Bearfrog1, Pop Pop , Smokkin99, Gomer, Cgoyette !!!

I preciate all the Info and Recommendations that you all gave me !!

Roundhill sounds like the man down yonder there !! I'll have to give him a hollar..

Thanks again yall !! :smile2:

11. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    Thats what we are here for...helping fellow brothers catfishing.
    Jonathan

12. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    And making sure they aren't melting things while huggin the heater! :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

13. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    Had to say that huh Sunbird...lol

14. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    He's real good at that....