Santee Cooper 5/23/09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by blackwaterkatz, May 23, 2009.

1. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Finished off a great breakfast with a bunch of the BOC's finest at Canal Lakes, then trailered over to Bonneau Beach to launch the boat. My daughter Tiffany joined me there.
    The wind forecast was 10-15 from the east, so I tried to stay off the more open waters and fished the east dike area out to mid-lake in that area. Rain and sudden high wind made me leave the open waters and head back in close, where I pretty much finished the day.
    Long story short: 12 catfish, mixed blues and channels, 3-12 lbs., most in 12 - 22' of water, bait was fresh cut threadfin and herring. We did pick up a couple in 40' of water, but most were shallow, but hard to find. One Zillion pleasure boats and pwcs zipping around, except in the more windy open waters.
    I know some of the others must have had better luck than we did. The Roundhill called once and they had a 24# flathead, and some others. Y'all post up the reports, now. I'm tired; long day....:big_smile:

2. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    1 three lb channel and 1 6 lb blue. I keep going back close to home because of wind. It never got bad but I don't take any chance of scaring my wife. Really didn't fish a lot just rode back and forth. Heard reports of others with good catch of blues.
    It was nice day fishing with my best friend.

3. jk888

jk888 Member

State:
    GA
    Enjoyed seeing everyone for the breakfast.
    My day was good caught a total of 15. Biggest was 26 lb blue 3 flatheads 14 20 and 21 and the rest being smaller blues with a couple of channels.
    Jim

4. jk888

jk888 Member

State:
    GA
    Here are some pictures I took of our catch.

Jim

Attached Files: