Santee Bound!

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by steve_b124, Mar 13, 2008.

1. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Leaving about 5am Saturday morning for a week of fishing on Santee. We will be staying at Harry's and fishing from there. Can't wait! This will be my second trip to Santee, last was in October 2007. The water was 7 feet low last time, I'm hearing that it's a little better, about 5.5 feet low now. I hope those March winds don't get too bad.

If you see a big mouthed preacher in a 15 foot aluminum v-hull, give me a yell. If my fishing buddy is on the boat with me, he will be the fat ugly man in the bow! I threw that in because I hear he joined the BOC, but I don't know his handle. This way he may respond. Besides, I've to pick at him because he laid out of church last night.

2. catlow37

catlow37 Member

State:
    Union, SC
    Good luck on the lake and give us a report when you get back.

3. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Good luck and be safe!

4. nasty nate

nasty nate New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Good luck Steve. I hope you wear them out!

5. QBQ

QBQ New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Best of luck to you.

6. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    Hope you and your freind have good luck and a great time

7. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Good luck and stay safe.

8. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Steve good luck and I will be down that way hopefully Wed. or Thurs. Ill keep an eye out for ya.

9. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Good luck Steve. This front coming through Saturday the 15th will be packing some winds so be careful. Let us know how you do.

10. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Steve,
    Safe travels and lots of fun on the lake, I have never seen a preacher that could'nt catch and eat a bunch too:big_smile:. I know this for a fact because I'm a PK.

11. Beaufort

Beaufort Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    hopefully the wind will not be to bad, but a little wind and a up coming front wilget u some fish. went out of ST park to day and got 12 nothing to big about 25lbs but travel in the river channel or u will bump some hard stumps.

12. Cat Master 1

Cat Master 1 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Steve be careful down there.Hopefully if all goes well me and my group will be down thursday morning.We will be staying at Hill"s until sunday.Give me a hollow let me know how the fishing been for the week.And I"ll do the same why I"m down there.THANKS AND SEE YOU AT SANTEE:wink:

13. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Shrimp man, I'll have to agree about eating a lot! A young boy asked me once how did I know that I was called to preach. I told him I woke up early one morning, didn't want to go to work and was craving fried chicken!:wink:

Actually I do work a job, same place for 28 years. I tell everyone that I work for Cryovac to pay the bills and as a preacher for the benefits - it's got an out of this world retirement plan!!!:big_smile:

Can't wait to get there. My fishing buddy and his family are leaving today. I've got a lot to do plus my Mother in law is having surgery on her neck this morning and I want to be sure all is ok with her before I leave.

Hope to see yall on the lake

Steve

14. captinparker

captinparker New Member

State:
    SC
    I love Santee. Every time there I go I try to go to a new place and just ride around looking. The place is so big, I wonder how long it would take to see it all.

15. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Good luck hope ya catch a bunch of fish