santee at night

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by copster, Jul 1, 2008.

1. copster

copster New Member

State:
    south carolina
    hey guys i am wondering how the fishing is on the pee dee river near dewitts bluff. i put in there and go up to the second beach on the left. i am thinking about camping out there this weekend. i will be using the old method of a rod and reel not the LIMB LINES. i am going to use all the baits from bream, eel, cut bait, shimp and everything i can throw at them. has anyone done this and had success. if i go i will let yall know but any help would be great. just think sittin back with the bells on the rod tip drinkin some beers around the fire and wham the bells go off. sweet.

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Should do okay but I wouldnt restrict myself to that 1 sandbar for fishing. I would camp on the sandbar just up river from Caines Landing the 1 right across from the high bank with the herring hut on it. Try and get some Catawba worms and fresh cut bream and eels. Good luck and what about santee at night?

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Don't know anything about your area, but welcome to the BOC. This site is full of good info and great people

4. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I was wondering, too. What does the post have to do with Santee?

5. fishwillie1

fishwillie1 New Member

State:
    Pamplico S.C.
    Copster I live 2 1/2 miles from Dewitts bluff . the water is down so you should do well at nite or in the early morning. Afriend of mine caught 2 blues about 8 to 10 lbs sitting on the dock there last week.

6. copster

copster New Member

State:
    south carolina
    ok guys i am an idiot. i had santee on my mind at the time i started this thread and i ment to put pee dee at night. sorry but i dont know how to change the tread name. anyway i went last night and it did not go well at all. no cats all night. i used every bait there was ti use legal. beautifull night though. river is very low very very. my buddy in another boat caught 1 very small blue on night crawlers. o well i will not give up. thanks for the replies and i am sorry about the name of the thread.
    :eek:oooh:

7. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    William thanks for the report and dont give up at least you were out on the river. We are having a metting this Tuesday night at the shoneys at 52 and I95 come on out and hang out with us and hook up with some Pee Dee Veterans so we can help each other out on how to catch more and bigger fish. We look foward to you coming out and metting you.