Santee 20-21

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by NCSBI185, Nov 22, 2009.

1. NCSBI185

NCSBI185 Member

State:
    NC
    Was going to start fishing early Friday morning but when we got ot our boat someone had stolen all our reels, several rods, and several other items from our boat. Someone had also broken the fish finder. Had to borrow rods from a friends boat and still went out but got a much later start. Ended up catching 22 with the biggest being around 6 pounds. Caught fish anchored in about 18' of water and drifting in around 35-45' of water. It was windy Friday morning and we decided to drift and then the wind stopped. Saturday was very windy and rough. Still had a good time, which is what it is all about anyway. If anyone in the Santee area sees someone with a bunch of reels and rods that they think might be stolen let me know. :angry:

2. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    sorry to here that where were you staying at thats ashamed :angry::angry::confused2:

3. santeefishhunter

santeefishhunter New Member

State:
    north caro
    Which side the lake or what area was your boat so we can be on the lookout?

4. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    Man that sucks.Hope you get your stuff back.

5. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 Member

State:
    Central, SC
    Sorry to hear about your stuff! Where were yu staying at when it got gone? It may take a few extr minutes, but i always take everything out of the boat and i park it rite in front of my room door!!!! You can't stop a thief, only detour them..................:angry::angry::angry::angry:

6. NCSBI185

NCSBI185 Member

State:
    NC
    We keep our boat stored at a place right near the canal, it's been stored there for a long time and no one never has bothered anything so we just left most of the stuff on the boat when we leave to keep from having to take it such a long way back home every time that we go fishing. I had been about 2 months since we had been on the boat so it could have happened anytime. I have a buddy who has stored his boat in the same location as our for several years and nothing has ever gotten gone so we figured that it was a pretty good place. The owner of the lot is a great fellow and keeps a good eye on the boats. It's just hard to keep a thief out all the time. It's a shame though. We will start bring all our stuff back home when were done from now on. Anoher hard lesson learned I guess.

7. countrycowboy045

countrycowboy045 New Member

State:
    South Carolina

What part of santee were you on...

8. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Probably that place up the road from the canal. In the area of Canal Lakes Resort i guess. I don't ever leave rods on my boat. I did once at Randolphs, left them on the boat most of the week with no problems and that wk end a friend came down and we both had left our stuff on the boats. It was now the wk end so i went and got my rods and took them to the room. That night someone stole all his rods, my Lowrance, and cooler and hit a few other boats. I never got my stuff back but heard later about them catching some guys that had been travlin by water and robbing boats. They had a lot of stuff they had recovered but sence it had been so long i figured they no longer had my Lowrance. I did get my cooler back, someone out fishn found it floating in the lake and brought it back to his room. He heard me talking about the thief and showed me the cooler. I ask him could i look in his room:smile2: He even let me, its a wonder i didn't get beat up., I got plenty of rods these days so if you need any come on and get a couple of mine:wink:

9. mf7406

mf7406 New Member

State:
    ga
    We got hit 2 weeks ago for the 3rd time in the last 6 months. This time they broke in my dad's trailor & took all the appliances. Also got my rods & reels. My dad said enough already & had a security system put in. Wonder if it could be the same bunch.
    BTW if anyone sees someone trying to sell some Penn 320's on Berkely Big Games please let me know.

10. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Stayed at Blacks last April for 3 days. Someone came around at night by boat and stole peoples rod and reels, coolers with fish, rod holders, and other stuff from what I heard. They didn't get anything of mine but its always best to take your stuff into the camper or home with you if you leave your boat at the lake.

11. moruffrydn

moruffrydn New Member

State:
    SC
    Hope you find ur stuff... I'll keep an eye out