Santee-1st Week April

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by CKT, Mar 26, 2006.

1. CKT

CKT New Member

State:
    Winston-Salem,NC
    Wondering if anyone is catching any catfish in Santee cooper now? or if anyone will be down fishing then? new member, Thanks

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Welcome to the board CKT. I wish I could make it down that week but I can't. Good luck and save me a big fish.

3. Brad

Brad New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I'm going that way April 6-8. We have been for about three years now. Last year caught 43 # Flathead. Won the $75.00 for the weekend bet too! Got to defend the title now.

4. CKT

CKT New Member

State:
    Winston-Salem,NC
    BRAD, where do you seem to have your best luck on santee & where do you stay?

5. APD1146

APD1146 New Member

State:
    New York
    I'll be there the 3rd week of April. Staying at Randolph's Landing again. My second year of going down here. :)

6. bowelder

bowelder New Member

State:
    south carolina
    just went to santee on march 24th for a night trip with a guide. we fished hard for eight hours and caught only one fish. it was a 27 lb blue. The santee lakes are very tempermental. they change drastically with the weather. we came last year on the same weekend and caught around 250 lbs with only 1 fish being under 20 lb and the largest being 31 which you'll see in my picture, we were fishing in 4 to 8 feet, in front of the large powerhouse on the lower lake. if the weather stabilizes and warms up a little you will see the blues start to really bite