Sante Fe Dam 12/21/08

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by gavin310, Dec 22, 2008.

1. gavin310

gavin310 New Member

State:
    Westchester, California
    i could tell fishing was going to be slow out there. i was almost expecting to get skunked, so it didn't bother me that i did. so, not even a bite. fished from 6:30am until 1:00pm. tried 3 different spots but no fish would show up. for catfish i was just using some powerbait blood flavored pellets covered in hog wild stink dip. at the very least that usually gets their attention if they're around. i know mackerel is the ticket for them these days, but every time i've used the hog wild dip they've at least let me know they are out there, even if they won't swallow the bait. but this take they weren't even nibbling. for trout i was going through everything i had... 5 colors of power bait, sometimes using berkely garlic trout dip on the powerbait, trout a powerworm on its own, tried powerbait coupled with the powerworm, tried sticking a bobber on with some salmon eggs and a powerworm... nothing was producing any type of action. just wasn't a great day for fishing.

BUT the snow covered mountains provided a great view and i enjoyed being out there.

Attached Files:

2. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Even though no fish, some nice pics. Nice report.

3. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a27:
    Those photos are "Postcard Material"!
    "Nice"
    :wink:

4. gavin310

gavin310 New Member

State:
    Westchester, California
    Hey thanks :) Too bad they're low quality taken on my phone heh. They would have been much better with me holding a big catfish in them... lol