Santa Ana River lakes update

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by drews0311, Jul 9, 2007.

1. drews0311

drews0311 New Member

State:
    iowa
    gents

loanguybri and i went out to sarl on Friday night, paid our entry fee and got to the water around 6pm. We decided to fish in front of the pump house right by the el poloco parking lot. we first started fishing with cut mac, night crawlers and m&m combos. Nothing seemed to work. loanguybri finally hooked up with a 4lb channel around 10pm, he was free lining a a small treble hook with a catfish dough ball rolled in hog wild. After he caught his i switched my rig to what he was using, casted out about 10 yards and before it hit the bottom i had a fish on.

as we all know the lake closes at 11 so we had to leave shortly after the fish started biting for us. i just cant believe that we had all those different baits out and they went crazy on that hog wild and cat nuggets.

Anyone heard of this recipe for frying up cats?
    Take a couple eggs, a big scoop of mayo and a can of beer beat up the batter roll your fish in it and shake them in some fry magic.

i got this recipe from another brother on the boc, man it was good. my girlfriend doesn’t like eating fish but she likes eating cats now.

2. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    It's funny how them women say they don't like fish until you talk them into trying it. They seem to get smarter after that. I guess it's true that fish is brain food.:smile2:

3. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    hey joe, check out hesperia lake, night fishing fri sat sun, 9pm to 4 am

4. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Way to go Joe and Brian! Tem channels sure like that hog wild. were you using slider rig Joe?
    I heard say Irvine is hot right now especially in the evenings. Irvine close at 2am.

Jaime

5. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Im not touching that one Tom

Jaime

6. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Yeah, see, I can get away with saying things like that, I ain't married or involved with one of 'em.