Sanibel Island

Discussion in 'LOCAL FLORIDA TALK' started by justaddmidget, Jan 21, 2009.

1. justaddmidget

justaddmidget New Member

State:
    alhambra, il
    I know this may not be a catfish post-- but--.

I will be vacationing at Sanibel Island in June or July. I am looking for any tips or advice about the island and places to stay. I have been talked into taking the wife and kids on vacation-I guess they deserve it.

I also went Flounder gigging at Gulf shores a few years ago and LOVED it. It is a perfect combination of hunting and fishing. Would love to do it again.

If any one is in the area that knows anything about the island, Condos, Ocean fishing, or flounder gigging-- give it up.
    I'd love to hear it.

Chuck I know you moved to Florida a year or so ago. I like to hear from you also.

2. tomsfishing4

tomsfishing4 New Member

State:
    pa
    hey brian,that is a wonderful place to go me and my wife have gone more than once if your looking for peace and solitude go in the fall.as far as where to stay i cant say enough about (castaways at blind pass)its located right where sanibel meets captiva very nice cottages just steps away from the ocean great fishing,walking ,dining,canoeing,wildlife,and shelling all right there. its also very afforaable comparily speaking.attached are some pics have fun let me know wat your going to do....tom
    p.s. i have to reccomend cottage #7 in my opinon its the best one
    also hope this helps--http://www.castawayssanibel.com-- 1-800-375-0152

Attached Files:

3. justaddmidget

justaddmidget New Member

State:
    alhambra, il
    thanks Tom,
    Will check out the castaways at blind pass, looks nice. Have you ever tried flounder gigging? Balls to the wall fun. Not only are you looking for flounder, but in the back of your mind your also waiting for a gator to ambush you at any time. Pure anrenaline rush--- YES.