Sangcrist Heads Up

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Duckpoor, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Duckpoor

Duckpoor New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The Boys were shooting CARP at Sangcrist last night, came back with a report of stained water and the lake actually raising . South of the Lake got 3" late week and that fresh cool water is finding it's way to help out the Hot Tub..

Now, I haven't been on them, but sure sounds like the kind of conditions that should start Something.
    Spfld News Too:
    Springfield is picking up right on schedule. Get the State Fair over and the Channels are ready. Seem to be on the humps close to deep water early before the Boat Traffic picksup..
    See my Lunch Post for a Pic.

R Green

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    sounds alot better than down here at coffeen temp still in the mid 90's, manage to see 1 striper, channel cats are hitting every thing in the water tho, no bigens seen but if ya want freezer meat they are cooperating they seem to eating everything from dip and cheese to worms to cut bait... most were runing from say 1# to 3#

3. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Ron, we hit Sang yesterday, got a bit warm out :eek:oooh: Any who, didn't do to well nothing big, had a good time caught fish..... while back other post yer were talking about the tile drains, off of 12 in between the signs the little cove set back just where abouts would it be (if I may ask) I found one spot on the hummin bird that looked a lot like what I look for on Coffeen but I know where that one is, just couldn't find that big of temp change there? was a decent current coming off the drainage arm, but temps ran 99* :crazy::crazy::crazy: water temps, done the best in front of spillway area off of the point there in front of the buoy's about 25' on the edge. and I THINK THE BIGGEST prob was we could not get any shad over 2 maybe, just maybe 3" all very small, talked to another boat and they asked the same thing on the shad, all they found was real small ones