sangchris

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by fishead69, Jun 12, 2009.

1. fishead69

fishead69 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I am new to this site - only second post. I have moved VERY close to Sangchris recently - have fished it before on shore ,but now have a boat. I am asking about the cemetery located on the east arm - where exactly is it? South of the boat ramp? North of 104 overpass? I have fished the hot ditch with success -but am looking for other hot areas to fish with my sons...also I have been told by oldsters that there are several VERY deep wells that were submerged after it filled....I think they are talking South of the 104 overpass , near Bulpitt ,but am not sure...anyone have an idea on either?

2. mongesf

mongesf New Member

State:
    Beardstown, Illinois
    do a search for " Beat the Heat at Sangcrist " hope this helps:big_smile: welcome aboard

3. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    you dont want to be in that are now hit the north end, its to hot and there pumping the water is 78, i think its 85 at the hot ditch, your bluegill will die but you might try bullpit, if you have luck there pm me thats my lake,see that avatar, that was 3 weeks back, on the north end, 50 or 55 pounds

4. fishead69

fishead69 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    thanks - I was out Sat night - you are right the water was like bath water -caught a few small to medium. I can't PM just yet - but I have tried the Bulpitt side with little or no luck -are you talking about the finger that goes past the train viaduct on 104? Also the north side - your talking the dam and spillway right?

5. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    right its the top rated lke in illinois for fltheads, its beter than carlil lake, yea you know were edinburg is hit that north end on the points that run out, but dont fish the rocks , you will lose all your weghts,ill be there friday and saterday, im out every weekend there,you might do good by bullpit, im going to try it sometime, also fish out straght, not around the coves, get your bluegill on the docks by the east point, map the lake

6. fishead69

fishead69 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'll try it...been hitting around bulpitt and the ditch - have ya tried the cold water intake by the power plant? caught some nice flattys there too...i'll have to hit the dam and spillway - thanks for the info!! I need about 5 more posts to be able to PM - it's coming!!!

7. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    how big were the flats by the intake i never hit that,did you get pics

8. fishead69

fishead69 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Nope - didn't get pics - but from 20 pds to 40 pds . Problem with the cold water intake is you must have a boat to get to where you need to be...but forewarned you have to use the old west boat launch - and it is terrible - can't drop mine in anymore there due to the bad shape of the launch.

9. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    what hooks were you using and rig, pm me if you want to fish tommaro night, im going to get some bullheads and bluegill,hhead, i went out and i cant keep my bluegill alive, i did get a 5 pound channel,thats it, no luck

10. fishead69

fishead69 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Use regular catfish hooks - I am at work -so I can't give you the details now. Been pretty hot so I'm thinking I can get outta here early today - planning on hitting SangChris this evening if it doesn't start storming or tornadoes flying around. Gonna hit the dam if possible.....

11. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    I GOT NAILED WITH A TWISTER, NO FISHING, PM ME IFYOU GO TOMAROW, OUR TOWN IS A MESS

12. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i fished sancris for 14 hour just got up, not one bite, its dead,

13. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    if anyone is having luck around there pm me, we can go out, this crazy guy come down, i recen he was in a rage i being knolagble in phycolagy, was able to com him down, befor he killed a guy, i hope the best for him he cant help it, after talking with the guy he was very suicidal, the cops came down and , towed his car but they let him go,lol, he was just in a bad way,mmmmmmmm:embarassed:

14. fishead69

fishead69 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    what town? sorry to hear of the tornado.....haven't had the chance to get back last weekend....sangchris is like that either feast or famine...

15. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    OH IT WASENT BAD JUST TRESS SNAPPED, NO HOUSES DESTROYED, MOWEAQUA, PM ME IF YOU EVER WANT TO GO FISHEN , FISHHEAD, I KNOW ALOT OF GOOD AREAS, BUY SANGCRIS

16. backwoodsman68geric

backwoodsman68geric New Member

State:
    illinois
    Sangchris is a really good spot for flatheads your right. Flats are moving into nests now, might make fishin slow for several weeks. good luck

17. fishead69

fishead69 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    thanks - aint been able to get there for one reason or another - but this weekend might just be the cats ass.....

18. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    id second gues that, its hot, im sticking to othervspots till sang cools down some, i vcant keep bait alive