Sangchris this last Sat..

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by SubnetZero, Jun 16, 2008.

1. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Hit Sangchris last Sat. Water is +90 degrees.. Forgot my list of water tiles Ron posted for me :eek:oooh: ...

Think all the high water still have the fish screwed up.
    Water was still very murky. Had a heck of time even catching bluegill...Usual spots where I can catch a couple dozen in about 20 minutes, would be lucky to produce one in about 1/2 hour... I notice off the damn face, where they are usually up tight on the bank, they appeared to be much father out.

I did notice this year that shad population seems to be doing very well. Prior years throwing the net, all you would catch would be minnow size shad. Hardly ever anything "bait" size. Up by they damn you would catch VERY large ones, but that was the exception.. This year, Bait size shad is very easy to come by...

As for the fishing, I had big run on a bluegill.. Pretty sure it was a Striper the way it slammed it.. Bunch of tiny bumps on cut shad, but no real takers. Figure those to be the tiny channels Sangchris has plenty of.

2. Duckpoor

Duckpoor New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Glad to hear ya been to the Lake and your taking care of Business..

Early like this before it get just Billy Hell Hot . Run South from the East Dock .. As soon as the Middle arm (HOT DITCH) slips by on your right .. start checking the temps. I think you will find some much more to your liking..
    Hang to the West side of the lake and you will stay off the sand bar.. Yep right in the center of the lake... .. check it for whites on the way by... As Soon as you go under the the power lines, run the graph and find deep water.. Channel runs up close to the 11 stake and One of them Magic tiles is in the back of 12..

Take a ride down that way Sometime .... and let me know how it turns out..

I think ya might like it.

Ron Green

3. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Very true, they will make the clicker sing and the tip bend like its a big one. They have that well perfected at that lake.:big_smile:

4. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i went to strawkas point off the docks and the water was bopiling hot, is this a bad area in the summer
    my gills died in 5 miniuts

5. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Strawkus is the Hot Ditch Ramp.. Water will be the hostest there, as you are near the hot water discharge of the plant.... I usually do not hit strawkus area until middle to late fall.....

If you bank bound, I'd try the points by the damn or the areas around the west ramp (though the vegetation may be coming up by now)....

Ron (Duckpoor) posted a list of water tiles out there if you have access to boat... Do a search for "Beat the heat at Sangchris" ... Great info....

6. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    well sang was my next stop,if i did fish it it would be across from tha dam,or on tha dam rocks got to get ur pole out there far enough though.yea last year danthafisherman caught a 40 pounder at about 330 day time august hot as hell in tha hot ditch.so i do know they go that far and there in tha hot ditch,but how many is tha question.i will be hitting sang here soon.the striper still hitting?

7. slider

slider New Member

State:
    louisiana, mo
    ok mr dp when we gona go i got the gear you got the boat

8. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Went back out to Sangchris last nite.
    Water has cleared up quite a bit making catching blue gill alot easier. Still didn't find them grouped up, had to work along weed lines catching them hear and there.. Usually you catch em 6 or more in the same spot... They were also very aggressive when they did hit. Very surprised to find that Throw netting bridge pillars produced very little shad this time.. Last trip out, I had more than enough shad in about 4 throws. Not sure if thats related to the water clarity or not...

Water temp was much cooler last nite. Water was right around 84.
    We ended up fishing west arm. My fishing partner brought in a 14.3 lb flathead and missed a really solid run. His hook turned back into the blue gill causing him to not get a hookset:crazy:...

I had bunch of small runs on cut shad with no hookups. One semi decent run on live blue gill, but dropped it before I could set the hook.

I was gonna run over to marker 12, but we ended up just staying the west arm... May hit it next time out