Sangchris or Springfield?

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Beatrun, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Beatrun

Beatrun New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Anybody noticed the bite picking up at either lake? I've been out 5 or 6 times this year but all I have to show for it is a couple of channels out of each, but with one that went 10lbs outta springfield.

2. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    same here nothing since late fall, no bites from big flats in the hot ditch, the one on my avatar was from the dam area points, going next week

3. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have been catching a lot of channels at Springfield. There have recently been a couple of nice blues caught as well. Just keep moving until you find the fish. They are definately biting early in the morning.

4. Beatrun

Beatrun New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for the tip, I haven't been out to Springfield in a couple of weeks but got a little flattie the last time I was out there. I've been fishin Sangchris every chance I get. The channels out there have really picked up. Alot of little ones in the West arm but they're biting in the East arm now too though.

5. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    anybody doing any good around strakas point, i havent heard good reports alol winter

6. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have been wanting to go out to Sangchris but I have to borrow someone elses boat to go. Motors to big. Let me know when they start biting. Would love some more information on catching flatheads period in these lakes. I catch tons of nice channels but I cannot catch flatties. My partners get lucky but not me. Lake Sangchris has some nice flatties but I know Springfield does too. Any info or maybe a little on the Lake gathering would be appreciated