Sangchris "Mini-Meet" 01-06-2008

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by SubnetZero, Jan 3, 2008.

1. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Several of us are meeting out at Sangchris this Sunday.
    Anyone that is interested in coming out is welcomed to come.

We will be meeting at the Strawkus Ramp (Hot Ditch Ramp).
    I'll probably be out there around 6:30am, fish until ????

more info in this Thread: http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?p=859406#post859406

Weather is supposed to be 58 with a 20% chance of Rain.. Should be a good day to get out and shake some of the Cabin Fever....

Post in this thread if you wanna join us so we get an idea How many is coming.

2. Dan the Fisherman

Dan the Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    I'm Charlie's fishing friend. I'm looking forward to meeting you all Sunday. See ya then.

3. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Hey Tim I plan on being there. It will be 1030 or 11 before I can get there,. What do we need to bring?

4. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Nothing Major, just your gear etc.. Ill bring my cast net and a couple dozen Goldfish.. This just a meet up to get some fishing in ...

5. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    Yup, Dan's the man, if you check my profile you'll see a pic of a Hawg we caught together, we've caught a lot of fish together. He can show ya a thing or two about fishing, we're all gonna have a good time. I was just watching the weather and they're saying some rain, I just need to check when and how much, see what we're looking at. Anyone else up for the fishing? Join in! Can't wait, I got the fever!

6. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    hey bearcat,i go through Nokomis every weekend.my wife and i drive through raymond,noko,oknee,to get to ramsey to met up with dan.

7. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Hey Charlie If you are going thru nokomis to ocanee. You go right past my house . I live on the south side of the ramond nokomis road. Just about a half mile out of town. I have a seed corn sign at the end of my drive way with my name on it.

I will see you guys sunday as soon a s I can get there. I have some frozen skijack I will bring. I will keep an eye on this thread incase the weather goes bad and we all have to change date.

8. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Weather Looking better as the weekend nears :big_smile:..

Local weather has taken rain out of the Forecast. Online weather sites showing possible rain at nite and we would be fishing the right before the Front :big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:..

Just hope they have the forecast correct for once..

9. Dan the Fisherman

Dan the Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    Thanks for the compliments Charlie,:wink: I guess I'll bring your fishing rods back now.:smile2:

10. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hey guys! Im coming too, just dont know when?! Im really looking forward to learning some pointers from you guys. I dont know much about flatties or Sangchris But Im looking forward to it. Is the name of the point we're going to fish marked? I dont know how to get around the lake very well. As far as I see right now they arent calling for rain during the day, should be a good time!

11. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    no name on the point.. Just go to the Strawkus Ramp.

The Point I'm talking about is to the Right, down aways.. Not positive we end up there, was just a Spot I know of...

Here's a pic of my truck:
    http://subnet.smackcentral.net/images/truck/DCP_0878.JPG

Just park by us and walk around, should be able to spot us..
    I also posted my cell in the other thread, you can call when you get there..

12. capnmac

capnmac New Member

State:
    illinois
    hope to make it this weekend if momma doesnt have honey do stuff!! Hope to see you all there

13. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    dan is comming over to my house tonight,we r going out there today and sunday.he is bringing the boat,it will only take a couple minutes to taxi people a little ways down to tha right there,joe im bringing all my poles so if ya need one i got you.there all rigged up for flatin.there will be alot of people on the bank at the hot ditch sunday,but they usually dont make it to far down the bank,too many coves to walk through,with the boat we can get to that point that they cant make it to, but like tim said met up at the ramp there and we will get-r-did.is there a chance of a little overcast,does anyone know?that would be perfect on a day like sunday.see ya latter peace.

14. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    yea weather is looking real good what more could ya ask for,besides my poles Dan.:big_smile:See ya'll Sunday.

15. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Alright guys, Ill look for the ramp and then see if I cant find you all. Ive seen the east and west ramps there before so Im sure I can find the other too. Ive got a couple poles I like that Ill bring for me... an Abu 6000 and another I like both with 50 lbs. braid so hopefully thatll work for flatties. Im about an hour out so I SHOULD be there sometime in the morning, probably not too early though. I work in Auburn right now, just got off in fact.. was thinking of heading up there today after work but decided not to. Probably should have though, could have figured out where to go. See you guys!

16. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Hey Guys I hope to be there by 1030. I will look around for you. I will give tim a call on his cell when I get there.

Any last minute directions for me. Never been there. I will be coming ii from taylorville.
    Thanks for the help

17. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Strawkus is off 104, close to the plant..

live.maps shows this for Directions

Start: Taylorville, Illinois, United States

Start:

Trip: 10.9 mi, 17 min
    1. 1 Depart SR-29 / E Park St 0.3 mi
    2. 2 Turn right to stay on SR-29 / N Webster St 1.3 mi
    3. 3 Bear left onto SR-104 / E 1500N Rd 9.3 mi
    4. 4 Arrive at Destination on the right The last intersection is N 430E Rd If you reach CR-250 E, you've gone too far

Heres a sat picture of the Ramp:

http://subnet.smackcentral.net/misc/BOCStuff/Strawkus.jpg

18. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Thanks for the help tim. I doubt if I would have found it. It is alittle off the beat path. See you tomorrow

19. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    This is Charlie's wife, they're out on the lake (they have been out there since about 12) and wanted me to check the messages to see if everyone is still able to make it. Looks like yes so I'll go ahead and call them back! Good luck tomorrow everyone. You guys should have a great time! :big_smile:

20. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    joe u got bigger setups that i do i only have the abu 5000.lol