Sangchris Lake

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by SLIPKNOT, Mar 14, 2009.

1. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL
    Anyone been catchin any flats up at Sangchris yet? Just curious before I waste gas driving over.

Thanks in advance

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    FLATS? :beat_shot: It's Crappie time Brother! :smile2:

3. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL
    I use bait the size of crappie......:smile2:

4. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Been busy with a new job, so I haven't been able to get out :sad2: ...
    Don't even know the water temps there.. Though, middle arm (hot ditch arm) should have em stacked in there right now :wink:

5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Yea I do too, when fishing for flathead, I know, I know, your one of the sippi Professional Blue Chasers that just toss out a hunk of bait and pray for a bite, but can't be caught fishing for anything else :smile2: Come out of the closet would ya :smile2: :smile2:

6. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL

I hear the crappie (and some white bass thrown in) are running pretty good out at Sangchris and Springfield right now.. Tubes tipped with minnows are producing... Though, I hear you got to wade through a bunch of little ones out at sangchris..

Spent today on the Sangamon River, water temp still a bit cold.. Had a few small bites (pecks) on nitecrawlers, but no real takers....

7. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Yep, talked with a fella this morning on his way back to Sangchris, said they pulled their limit past few days but must have tossed 100 shorts back, we went to Shelbyville fished mostly around opossum creek, they are doing about th same there but a limit is a limit and mighty tasty lil critters. lil one was using minnows under bobber for a while then we both were just using small jig some tight line and some under float, in stand-ups and off sharp drops open water edges, few small eyes also, red was color there today. Another week or two and the big females will be busting everything, can't wait!

8. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    we b, een out a few times this winter in the hot ditch but had no luck or even a run ,plus its so cold at night and it gets hard to get blkuegill but its march so its time to start , heading there in a few daysm, might pull crappie in the day if there hittin, but my goal is to break m y 40 pounder from last fall

9. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    not sure what the water temp is out there Jake... But you may want to downsize your bait a bit, or even try throwing some cut bait out there (though you may get pestered by all the little channels) ...

10. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    yea ive been trout fishing and got realy mad becouse my four year old son caght fish , my dad ,but me not even a bite, they were pulling 16 inch trout out of the park ponds in shelbyvill, its flathead time now

11. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Did ya leave any there? what was ya getting them trout on? might take the little girl over there or Eastern as soon as this weeks winter is over, LOL.