Sangchris lake is Illinois

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by DensSang, Mar 14, 2006.

1. DensSang

DensSang New Member

State:
    Illinois
    any tips on locating flatheads just got into this and need some help

2. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    I went down to the hot ditch at Sangchris for a couple of hours last night. I caugth two pan sized channels, and about a dozen that were too small on night crawlers. Largemouths, stripers, and drum were hitting on worms too. Seems like the most productive spots are at the heads of current breaks. There are a couple you can reach from shore, but you have to walk a little ways.

There were a couple other guys down there fishing with minnows, but they didn't have much luck.

3. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    I went out to Sangchris again last night for about an hour or so. (Not too long considerign it takes half an hour to drive there.) On the trip out a storm rolled through, dropped the temp 15 degrees, and started the wind blowing at about 30-35 mph. There were white caps on the waves.
    Anyway, apparently the water has come up in the lake about 2-3 feet in the last week making shore access for shore fisherman pretty difficult and cutting me off from my honey hole :crying: . I need a boat.
    Oh, only caught one fish, a baby channel on night crawlers.

4. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I live in tovy wich is right on sangchris just got my first boat on it today

5. Boogie68MHS

Boogie68MHS New Member

State:
    Tovey, IL
    I live in Tovey about a block from the lake and I fish it all year round.
    Right now the water is still a little muddy and a lot of the catfish are moving in and out of the creeks I caught quite a few in a creek channel with the biggest about 8 pounds but quite a few 3 to 4 pounds.
    You have to know where to fish here, but there are some quality fish.
    I use mostly cut shad.

6. HuntinFerChannels

HuntinFerChannels New Member

State:
    Illinois
    i heard of sangchris wheres it at exactly

7. Boogie68MHS

Boogie68MHS New Member

State:
    Tovey, IL
    Nearest City: ToveyCounty(s): Sangamon, Christian State: Illinois Acres: 2,321 Shoreline: 120 miles Route 104 crosses the south end of the lake at Tovey.

This is a 5 Star lake for 8 months of the year! But from June to September, the water is pretty hot! From Feb. - May, this is about as good as it gets. Crappie, Bass, Catfish Stripers...they are all great. Once the hot weather hits, you better know the lake, or you will not catch much. At this time of the year, you can still catch bass and crappie, but you will work for them.