Sangchris East Harbor Boat Ramp reopened

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by SubnetZero, Mar 4, 2006.

1. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    The east harbor Boat ramp at sangchris reopened Friday.
    They removed about 4 feet of sediment and clay, installed new boat ramps and built a new fish cleaning station.

Installation of new docks, new toilets, sidewalks, benches, security lighting and a hydrants should be completed this spring.

$300,000 project and is funded through state and federal boat access programs supported by boat fuel and excise taxes and boater registration fees.

2. fishguts

fishguts New Member

State:
    Illoinois
    Yippeeeee!!!!!!!

That's been a long time coming, can't wait to launch

3. DensSang

DensSang New Member

State:
    Illinois
    me and a couple buddies went out on friday to east boat ramp caught a few 3 and 4 lbs about and hour into fishing my friend jermey got the clik on his small pokl 50lbs plus flathead max out the scale we had.
    fish was released

4. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    I don't know about flatheads, but hte channels are biting like crazy down at Sangchris today. I caught 19 with 2 over 24". I caught the biggest on 2-3" bluegills. They were biting on just about anything, shrimp, bluegills, nightcrawlers, even caught one on a chartreuse twistertail.

Stripers and bass are biting too. The reason I only caught 19 cats was because the stripers and bass wouldn't leave my bluegills alone. Caught two nice sized bass, two 15" stripers, and about a 3lb wiper. All in all a good day. :006: