Sang Chris Catfish

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by fishead69, Jul 15, 2009.

1. fishead69

fishead69 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Anyone been having luck at Sangchris lately? All that I have seemed to catch were VERY small...just checking to see if its just me or is something else going on.....

2. mikey823

mikey823 Member

State:
    Illinois
    I haven`t caught anything worth keeping either.

:confused2:

3. fishead69

fishead69 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    sometimes sangchris is like this - just haven't seen it be such a long stretch - thanks for the reply:0a31:

4. Dan the Fisherman

Dan the Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    I plan on giving Sangchris a try tomorrow. Hopefully I can find a good flathead. I will target channels with one pole and flats with the other until dusk then I will target flats only. The last time on this lake I did pretty good on channel. It was the weekend before the July 4th weekend. I had trouble finding bait and then I couldn,t keep it alive for flathead fishing. It was 90 plus degrees out and the water was just as hot. I was suprised to catch several channels in the 3 to 5 pound range. I knew I couldn't keep them alive all night in that water so I released all of my catch. The current was running which is what I have noticed to be a big factor on Sangchris. I will use the ramp on the hot water finger. Charlie (Catinaldtime) will meet me at 4 pm at the hot water ramp. If anyone wants to fish from my boat until 4pm. I plan on being there around 10am. My boat will hold three people so we can make room for one more after 4pm if desired.

5. fishead69

fishead69 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for the response - I am planning on being out there most of this next week (vacation time YEAHHHH!!!)

Seems the hot ditch really produces when it's either raining or been raining - causing the current to move.

Thanks for the invite - but I have a boat and planning on getting out there too - Good Luck!!!!:0a23::0a23:

6. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I'll be out there tomorrow.. IF you see a guy with no fish and zooming around looking lost.. That be me :tounge_out:

7. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    well tim that night i did catch a flat head but ask dan it waz the littlest fish u have ever seen out of sang,it was 4 pounds lol.it was cool looking,we were in the same spot that we posted up in that night,he hit on that live.man im glad to be back on this site.

8. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    lol, dopnt fish it in july agust, way to hot, thats a fall sping and winter spot, go to decater,or shelbyvill, or hit the rivers trust me im a reguler im there 3 days i mean nights a week in the fall and spring

9. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    1st or second spot? .. We were getting some decent action that nite, wish I could I have hooked up on that good run in the 1st spot... Glad to hear you caught your Birthday flatty, even though it was small :big_smile:

It can be tough sometimes out there, especially from the bank.. We were in boats so we had the benefit of electronics and movement.. Lots of Flathead caught throughout the summer there though... You are correct in that Spring/Fall are prime time, especially from the bank..

10. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    yea dan caught a nice flathead from the hot ditch there this time last year like 40 pounds they r in there u just have to be in the right spot at right time

11. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    well the problem is kepping your bait alive,now if you can do that your fine but come july that place boils your bait, they just wont live, ill be there friday ill be using greensunfish and bullheads, so i might e ablr to keep em alive

12. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    yea ur right its hard to keep bait alive,even in a basket on the side of ur boat,the very end of ditch toward the dam is most likely the spot for flat head right now,u know what though,i cant really say where they would be, at times flat head r smarter than me.ok most of the time they r.im looking for august to be the good flathead month this year for big ones,we will see.

13. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    WELL ME AND A BOC GUY WILL BE ON THAT EAST POINT FRIDAYNIGHT,IF MY BAIT LIVES I MIGHT HAVE GOOD LUCK, GOING TO GET SOME BULLHEDS AND GREENS, THEM SEEM TO LIVE LONG IN HOT WEATHER,