Sandy bottom for flathead catfish

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by Fishermancat1, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Fishermancat1

Fishermancat1 Member

State:
    Cobb Co. Georgia
    I found a Sandy bottom flat area (Allatoona Lake) with a couple of logs in it near a bridge. Ideal place for nice flatheads. My problem is on the other side of the bridge is a boat ramp. At night time with less boats moving around could i still be successfull in catching a flathead with a boat ramp on the other side of the bridge?

2. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    My opinion - absolutely.

It depends on how much flathead fishing presure the arae gets, but I catch some real nice fish within site of boat ramps. 99% of the folks leave the water at sundown.

It certainly is worth a try at the least.

3. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    Ive caught several nice flatties fishing from the bank around boat landings. good luck

4. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Boat Ramps can be Real good,Especally after the Boat traffic is done for the day.The prop wash from the Boats keeps things stirred up,plus left over baits are dumped back in. I have fished along side(not on them) late evenings and have cought some nice fish at times cause there in there lookin for an Easy meal.J.D.
    :smile2:

5. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio

Now that is a great idea and a much over looked resource John. I think a lot of brothers can benefit from other peoples actions. Fish are sure to take advantage of the free meal. so why not us?

6. Jerry60k

Jerry60k Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    My #1 fishing spot for Flatheads is a boat ramp.I have fished there since I was 5 and it gets better all the time.

Try fishing the ramp side there should be a current caused by the concrete ramp jutting into the river thats were those Flatheads should be.

7. Fishermancat1

Fishermancat1 Member

State:
    Cobb Co. Georgia