Sandusky River ?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by catfishingham, Feb 13, 2008.

1. catfishingham

catfishingham New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Can any one suggest any good spots for bank fishing
    on the Sandusky river, I like to park near the water.

Thanks,
    Catfishingham

2. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Rich, have you fished that river before?

3. catfishingham

catfishingham New Member

State:
    Ohio
    A few times around Fremont and near the lake.

Dick

4. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Any river pouring into the lake will have cats in it. Get one of those Ohio Atlas & Gazetters, its a big map book, at wally world or any truck-stop. Now is the time of year to go scouting along any roads near the river. No leaves on the trees, use the map to target bends in the river and see how close you can drive. Last spring a guy caught a new state record channel cat while walleye fishing that river. He took a photo of it but released it before he knew what the record was lol. I'd try to fish the first big bend, or log jam upstream from the lake. Use small live baits or cut shad.

5. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    I would suggest the Ballville Dam .... There is (or used to be) a parking area right close to the water. It is below the dam and should be DAMN good catfishing .... Get there before the Walleyes start running .......:cool2:

6. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    This is one of the first things I use to check out a new area for fishing. Just zom right in on the area you want to check. Some views are clear enough to see people standing there. You don't need the 3d download to use the page.
    The Sandusky is like the Maumee and you can't fish after sunset till sunrise from March 1st till May 1st from the first dam in from the lake. You can do like me and be there at 12:01 A.M. on May 1st and have a river full of cats that haven't been fished at all yet because everyone has walleye fever.

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v...lt=-89.875918865193&dir=0&alt=7689462.6842358

7. catfishingham

catfishingham New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks guys for the replies? Will try Ballville dam.
    Looking for small gas out board to use canoe on bigger
    rivers.

Again thanks,
    Catfishingham