Sand bass frenzy

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by PeZ, Jul 5, 2007.

1. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    We caught 157 white bass/sand bass in 4 hours 7/2/07 monday night on lake Eufaula 234#s of fish the lake is at flood stage we have had so much rain.
    we anchored up under a little one lane bridge and dropped white and green lights in the water had are first fish in seconds. we were on 1-2 pound fish every cast. using minnows and red hooks #2's its probley the most fish i have ever caught in 4 hours in my life with me catching 50+.
    Bye 12:30 a.m. I was so tired of fishing I didnt even wanna see another fish lol.

:0a23:

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    you dirty rotten BUM!!!!

3. flat toad

flat toad New Member

State:
    Wv but currently in VA
    we got on some in Tennessee one time a place called Coal Creek. the creek opens up into a back flow lake. raining cats and dogs, had the place to our selves. never had to move the boat after we got there. we were using chartruese lipless crankers. that was the only color that would work. fished for several hours. stopped counting at 100 fish. then just as sudden they stopped. love those kina days

4. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    must of been nice...wish i had that kinda luck lol

5. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Had that happen one day last year and went the next day and couldn't catch a one lol. Those little white bass make good flathead bait.

6. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Tom, reminds me of the Keystone gathering, Tony's kids and I must have caught close to thirty or so. Everycast I was catching whitebass on a white minijig.

Jaime

7. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    man i wish we had that kinda luck with the white bass! we caught 2 this past weekend! what kind of lights where they, where they the cheap academy lights or what?

8. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    yea they were the 19.99 green acadamy lites 2 green 2 white worked like a charm. they were way to big to use for catfish bait most fish being 1.5#s and 15 inches there was a few 3#ers too. :wink:

9. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    tony i have a gallon freezer bag full of fresh cleaned fishs come bye and pick them up and i have some trout for u too.

10. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I'll try and give ya a call when I get off work tomorrow. Normally about 3:20.

11. Redb

Redb New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I got into them once like that fishing through the ice in NH. Couldn't keep 2 tip-ups in the water!