San Vicente

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by bluehunter, Aug 16, 2005.

1. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Definitely have to start a thread for this lake as it is the big cat giant of Cali. Look forward to many big catches coming from here. I will start my runs there by November. Maybe late October.

2. crazychuy

crazychuy New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Blue,

What are the lake and boat rental fee's like at "San Vicente"? I wouldn't mind continueing the hunt for the "Blues" during winter. I'm looking at making some custom made rods for local trophy catfishin'. So I'm going to need some on the water time to test them out.

Chuy

3. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Making some customs rods is awesome. I am looking into doing that as well for a pasttime.

San V prices is 35 dollars for a rental boat and 5 dollar entry fee. You will be to reserve the boat to garantee you can have one. They have a number that you can call to do that. If you have your own motor that is even better and you can use that and save about 15 dollars I believe. There motor boats are not as fast as Irvines, but also they are not as expensive.

4. Socal-Mike

Socal-Mike New Member

State:
    Anaheim California
    Thats a pretty sweet deal, just gonna have to be a once a month thing as the drives a lil rough...especially on the CIV :crying:
    If theres campin may be worth doin a weekend

5. cliffey07

cliffey07 New Member

State:
    Redding, California
    there is no camping grounds at the lake its a couple miles away but we went out there one night and they let us sleep in our vehicles in the parkinglot untill the lake opens. Brian is right about the boat rentals, but the few times i have been there there boats sell out fast, so make sure you have a reservation.

6. crazychuy

crazychuy New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Blue,

What would you say your average stringer is at 'Vicente during the winter months? What bait is good and technique?

Chuy

7. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Most of the time at San V its either big fish or no fish when you blue chase. You had an awesome day there if you caught 2 blues in one trip. Most of the time they are over foury pounds though, thats the good thing about it.

Now the channels there can be good if you are on them. You can average a stringer of ten pounders each fish. I been there a few times and had a 60 pound stringer of channels. Best time for that is during and after a rain and also during the pre spawn and post spawn run there. Spring time- early summer.

8. crazychuy

crazychuy New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Thanks Blue,

I appreciate it. Maybe when I finish my rod I might have to test it out on the San "V" pounders. Nice website by the way. It's nice to see someone take the intiative to put up a site dedicated to southern california catfishing. Nice layout. See you on Saturday.

Chuy