San Vicente reservoir trip

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by bluehunter, Nov 19, 2006.

1. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    This lake is the catfishing giant of So Cal. It will be closing sometimes in 08 for a dam building project for about 5 years so I am going to put my time into the lake before that happens. Meanwhile my son and I went yesterday. I had opportunities but came up short about 4 times on nice blue runs. This was just one of those days that I missed everything. I will be back though they can not whip me twice in a roll. :big_smile: This is what we came up with. I got a 7 pound blue and my son got a 11 plus pounder blue. Both caught on fresh cut bonita. Also the slip bobber was doing well on this day. Until next time fisherman and fisherladies, Peaces

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17950&d=1163954475

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17951&d=1163954475

2. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    good going blue, b got that thing all by himself thats to cool, sounds like you got some of that bonita at the store i was tell ing u about? so its working good for bait, were u abel to get it frozen?
    dude got myself the biggest channel i have ever got down here this afternoon think its going to hit 10 to 12lb thats big for here, 29" long, going to put on the scale in the am when billy jo gets here

give me a buzz when ya can

3. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I miss that lake,,,Im from Elcajon but now Im in Oklahoma.My spot was on the Point next to the wire cablw across from the Dam about 75 yards out the water drops from 25' to 60' Killer shelf there them big blue's would pile up there along that shelf,Id use half a Mac the head was my fav.I pulled lots of Big blues from there and even a 7lb trout My Pic is at the Boat dock this was in 1996 Im the big guy holding a big trout in one hand and a 15' catrod in the other is was the lake joke for the year

4. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Nice catch!

Wow, their closing the lake for 5 years! That is alot of time for those kitties to grow really really big. The fishing should be super hot when the lake reopens!

Oh yeah, what is coming out of the catfish in the first picture?

5. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I know what area you are talking about I got a 50 and a 81 from that very spot. Theres also a very good spot around the corner from that area but its full of snags under water and many big blues cruise that area.

6. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele

Yeah I can not wait until it reopens after it closes. Hopefully it will not take the full 5 years from 08 on.

The fish was bloating as it came from an area close to the deep so I am assuming it needed to be burped. I seen that before from fishing areas close to a steep dropoff like the one I fish.

7. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Yobud

Sounds like you had a good time as well as others.... Thought that I drag my boat down this week before xgiving.... Ramp problems....is a problem!
    Maybe I'll get down there during xmas vacation. For now its off to Nacimiento then Moreno Valley, and to the River, if all goes well.

Bayrunner ray

8. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele

Yeah Dale he got that in with a little help from me. The bonita I got from Riverside was huge. I got two of them and went right thru them. It was fresh so I froze it when I got home after cutting them into bait size pieces.

Go job on your big channel. Show the pics when you get it.

9. nathan8372

nathan8372 New Member

State:
    South Texas
    Nice pictures Blue. Congrats', it's a shame they will be closing the lake for the repairs. That happened to us a few years ago.

10. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Nice fish brother, thanks for sharing the pics!

11. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Nice catch Brian. Your son did well too:wink: Man, the catfish will be hungry after 5 years of closeur.