San Joaquin River, Potluck Fishing!

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA RIVERS TALK' started by Deltalover, May 7, 2006.

1. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    The bite is on! Spent saturday fishing on off the dock in the delta islands! It was a great day. Brought dad and Debi along for company and hooked up with a buddie and his daughter for fishing and bbq! The Perch, crappie, and black bass for biting as fast as you throw the hook in! I was actually baitfishing and only caught one perch small enough for the 4/0 gama ciecle hooks I was using! I did catch 15 assorted panfish including 2 nice crappie for the pan! The one small perch I later tossed out about 15 feet from the end of my dock. I took a tip from the locals and started using min. 20 inch 12 lb "P-line" flouracarbon leader! Ten minutes later, my rod was doubled over and I had the pleasure of fighting a 8 pound striper on realitive light gear! That is my second one in a week! I later caught a nice 6 pound channel cat on a chunk of liver! Fish fry tonight!

Attached Files:

2. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Heres my dad and I with striper!

Attached Files:

3. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Cool Phil looks like you had a fantastic day out there! I an going fishing wed looking forward to it I need a break way to much work recently lol.

4. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :eek:oooh: :eek:oooh: :eek:oooh: :eek:oooh: :eek:oooh: :eek:oooh: :eek:oooh: :eek:oooh:
    "OK" - "That's It" - "I'll Be Up There This Weekend"!!!!! (LOL:happy: )
    No - I'm just glad all of you guys had a great time out there. :big_smile:

(But I'll will be there this weekend)

Take it easy - Later,
    Bert:cool2:
    (Shaina)

5. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Nice going Phil, looked like a blast.

6. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN
    It looks and sounds like you had a great time! It's wonderful to have the family around also. Thanks for sharing the story and pics!

7. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Phil you're a fortunate man to have such family to be with and have fun

8. asukevin

asukevin New Member

State:
    Tempe, AZ
    what part of california are you fishing at, it looks like a blast! are you all comin to the gathering at roosevelt in june?

9. Lil Hooker

Lil Hooker New Member

State:
    Your BackYard BOO
    Hey Phil looks like you guys where on the fish. Have you tried around the bacon island area lately?

10. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I havent been to "Bacon Island" for awhile, but am thinking of trying it out soon! It's changed some since the flood, very few trees now! I am going to head out to "Rivers end" in a bit, and try for another one! I caught one a bit bigger the weekend before on liver!
    asukevin "what part of california are you fishing at, it looks like a blast! are you all comin to the gathering at roosevelt in june? "

Kevin,This striper was caught off my dock near "Kings Island" just off of 8 mile road in North Stockton. I am trying to work out the details for me to come to roosevelt gathering in June! How far is Roosevelt lake from Pheonix?

11. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Hey Bert, come on up! How did you do this weekend in Lodi?