San Joaquin River Fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by Deltalover, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Got a chance to go fishing this weekend with bert and his family! It was a beautiful day and nice to get some sunshine! We didnt get a lot of fish and they wernt big, but after my last few trips, this was action! All fish were caught on the change of both tides. Clams, worms and liver were all good during "the bite". (I tried different dip baits with no luck). The fishing sure is different this time of year! While you can occasionally hookup, it's not like the summer, when the fish are aggressive. All the bites were really subtle and if you wern't looking, you miss it. There is still alot of hyacynth in the river, but not as bad as it was and I predict it will be soon gone (nice)! I got a call from a friend at "Jolly's Baitshop" while we were fishing. I was told that two customers walked in with keeper sturgeon, caught on ghost shrimp, in the "tiki lagoon" area! I may be going out tomorrow for them! I think this is the last chance to keep them for the year! Anyway, it was a great day and I got to fish with some real nice folks and already got plans for next weekend fishing at clifton court forebay with the same great people! Pretty cool! We got to get this gear loosened up for them flatheads in april!

2. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    I got FRIED(sunburned) today it was so nice and sunny out, I only get burnt once then darken up it's my Arab blood:eek:

Glad you guys had a nice day out we're fixing to get some more wet stuff from the looks of it starting tommorow.

Our fishing was slow today too, very little biting, but things will warm up hope to get up you guys way soon definetly sometime this summer Phil

3. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Phil,

I was very glad to finally meet you after talking on the phone with you many time, and I was glad to get to "wet-a-line" with you and I look forward to doing so many times in the years to come. I'm sure that I we will have some good times fishing together because "it's on now!!!!!"
    :thumbsup:

I know that we are going to have a great time down at the Gathering in April. (Can't Wait) :0a23:

When I got home on Sat.(2/25/06), I made my reservations in Tracy for next Friday (3/3/06), so "it's on again buddy"!!!!

So I'll see you next week bro.

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool:
    (Shaina)

4. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Good to see ya wetting them lines Bert;) I hear it suppose to rain all week. Hope it clears up for ya'll fishing next week. Beautiful day yesturday. Glad you all got out to enjoy it:) Hope to see ya at the gathering down here. Weather will be a lot better too, since it will be held later.

5. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Thats great Bert having someone you enjoy fishin with makes it all the better.

Should be good weather again once this storm pass's, end of next week looks like.

6. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "What's going on Robb & Vini",

Yea - Phil is great person to know - I think that I have found a Fishing buddy for life! :thumbsup:

"Hey Phil",

I been checking out the weather on-line & I may have to cancel the my motel say in Tracy - and put it off until next week. :sad:

I'm going to give it until the middle of the week. :0a32:

(Shaina)

7. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Ok, Bert! Let me know what you decide! I am ready to fish, whenever you are!

8. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    No problem Phil - I'll keep you posted. :cross:

Take It Easy,
    (Shaina)

9. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    So far, weather does not look good! It's suppose to gust 60 and there are flood warnings and everything else! We ought to go to "sutter creek" and catch some of those cats out of the parking lot:) Plus, there are no snags, LOL. Anyway, the first chance we get, we will checkout "cliftoncourt forebay"! I would bet you, that there is a row of cars out there right now. "I am tempted to go check it out this morning, in the calm before the storm". If the stripers are there, it will be hard to find a place to park.

10. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Phil,
    Yea - I went on and cancel the motel room :sad: , I'm going to shoot for next Firday (3/10/06).

Hey - did you get a chance to go Sturgon Fishing on Sunday (2/26/06)? :confused:

(Shaina)

11. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    What's up fellas!! man, I can't seem to stay in touch! I just reffered a buddy to the sight, his screen name is Begginer_J. I'm sure you will all get to know him. He is the guy that caught all the striper with me last year when I was fishing in my raft. Anyway, any of you local guys caught anything to brag about yet? Not me....I went out sturgeon fishing the other day, but I got skunked! So, what's the word on a gathering? anything in the works yet? I am looking forward to getting out there this year and gittin" some kittys!!
    well, I'll try to post more often, before you guys start forgetting about me!
    LInz....
    P.s. Robb.......stay dry!!!!

12. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    test reply....................

13. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    fshnutz, thanks for checking in! Springtime is right around the corner and there is going to be lot's of good times soon! Stay in touch!

14. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :eek: What's Up Linz,:eek:

How have you been?
    Dude - You know that we can't forget about you.

(Shaina)

15. Begginer_J

Begginer_J New Member

State:
    california
    How's it going guy's my name is Jason and I would like to say "HELLO". I'm new to this site, my buddy "Linz" referred me and he said I would enjoy. Well I'm 21 years old and I love to fish!!! I've known Linz for 9 years and I can honestly say if it was'nt for him I would'nt know how or anything about fishing.

16. Begginer_J

Begginer_J New Member

State:
    california
    Well lets get down to bussiness. I would rather catch something a little bigger than 4 pounds. So can you guy's help me out? I could use a few words of wizdom. Well thank you guy's and I look forward to hearing from you.
    "Begginer_J"

P.S. Hey! Robb, Linz told me to ask you about your little swimming adventure! So what happend?..........

17. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    LOL!!!!! You funny:0a20: We are in the works for the Mendota gathering. Riverbud (Dale) is putting together a nice one on the Colorado in April. The black bass and crappie was on a frenzy over the weekend at the slough. We need to fish together (here or there). Let me know.

18. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Oh boy..... That is a good story;) I will tell it in person. I have a feeling we will be fishing soon:) Welcome aboard. We have a great time.....don't we Linz?????

19. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a25: "Jason" to the B.O.C.,
    "Linz is right" your are going to love this site. :)
    Linz told me about some of your fishing trip with him last year - Linz is a good friend to have.

Take it easy,
    (Shaina)

20. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Jason, welcome to the B.O.C., it's really nice to see the Calif membership growing! This is the best fishing commuinity on the internet, a lot of great people and more catfishing information then you could asorb in a lifetime! Way to go Linz:thumbsup: , for bringing new members!