San Jacinto below the Lake H damn

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by OUTLAW, Feb 23, 2006.

1. OUTLAW

OUTLAW New Member

State:
    texas
    I just fished here for the first time last week and it looks like it's a pretty good area. Does anyone else frequent this part of the river? I'm looking for some general pointers.

2. minnies_moocher

minnies_moocher New Member

State:
    Coldspring, Texas
    I live in San Jacinto County. I live below lake livingston, and beside the trinity river, at the lake livingston Dam. It is called Camilla. I have a great fishing spot. Is this where you are talking about ? Let me know.

3. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Believe he's talking about the Lake Houston dam on the San Jacinto River. It has a good reputation for crappie and white bass, don't know about for catfish. Unfortunately, access is pretty limited for boaters except by a fairly long run in a power boat. Don't know about bank fishing. Right now, there should be water coming over the dam, which doesn't have flood gates. In dry weather, not much comes out of lake houston.

4. OUTLAW

OUTLAW New Member

State:
    texas
    Yea, I'm talking about the Lake Houston damn, but thanks MM. Does that mean if I want to fish the Trinity you'll give up your spot?? lol
    Gadzooks, there is a boat ramp at Good Times bait and cafe that charges $5 and it's only 2 miles from the damn.

5. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    I would be suspicious of eating cats below the Hwy 90 bridge, would wonder about pollution from the old paper mill (don't believe its running any more) as well as leaching from a few of the old pits that had pcb's dumped in them last century.

6. Gentleben

Gentleben New Member

State:
    Huffman, Texas
    Hey Guys, Lake Houston dam does have a flood control gate and the Lake authority does a good job in maintainin a proper lake level without flooding the downstream residents.. We fished there last week, there were plenty of folks fishing bur scattered catchin!! The lake keeps the river pollutents pushed down ,except for during drought season but we have had plenty of rain to keep the river purged out!!
    good luck guysd . Good to see you Outlaw, let me know your schedule and we'll try the lake sometime!

7. minnies_moocher

minnies_moocher New Member

State:
    Coldspring, Texas
    I would be glad to take anyone of the Boc members to my spot. If you have a boat it would not cost a thing. This subdivision has it's own private boat ramp. With me being a land owner I can use it ant time. We have white bass, and it is really fun catching them 2 at a time. The stripper just stoped running. We have really nice catfish too. One night a friend and me cought a whole stringer full and it took both of us to get back to the truck and we almost didn't make it we had so many. I do a lot of night fishing. Not to many on the river and it is quite. We even have gators in it hooked a baby one night that was a pain the momma was coming after it. we had to let it go and get out of the way. That was a night mare.