San Gabriel River,(Granger)

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by catfishindylan, Jul 21, 2008.

1. catfishindylan

catfishindylan New Member

State:
    texas
    Anyone catfish on the san gabriel river alot or have fished once or a couple times??thanx

2. Marcos

Marcos New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hi Dylan and welcome to BOC! I haven't fished that river but I am sure some one here has.

3. Wac M Trac M

Wac M Trac M New Member

State:
    Texas
    I used to fish that area alot. Chum the channels at the mouth of creeks for channel cats.

4. vclifford28

vclifford28 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I fish granger the willis creek area for crappie. Will try catfishing this fall.

5. vclifford28

vclifford28 New Member

State:
    Texas
    anybody know of some good catfishing spots from the back I can go? Very new to the sport and all the local oldtimers are rather tight lippped. Don't know here to go.I even tried the fishing marinas.

6. Jaylake_21

Jaylake_21 New Member

State:
    Texas
    We would always fish the spillway, but thats has been several years ago.

7. seattleman1969

seattleman1969 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Good luck on the spillway. I was there a month ago and it was packed shoulder to shoulder with Mexicans who were keeping even the smallest of fish that they caught. Filed a report with OGT since minimum size is 12".

We fished for about two hours and caught nothing but tiny channels less than 8".

8. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    The spillway is good,really good when there generating. instead of fishing up close(to the dam) like everbody else,walk down aways and give it a try. Ive had real good luck doing this. As for main lake spots,Willis Creek is excellent for spring time yellows,its best to time it when the whites are running. The main river channel is also a good spot for some jug lines. As a whole Lake Granger might be the best "catfishing lake" in central Texas,thats just MHO. Good Luck!

9. cathound1972

cathound1972 New Member

State:
    texas
    WHAT part of texas are you

10. cathound1972

cathound1972 New Member

State:
    texas
    granger is a very good place aslong as you can stand all the snakes