San Frans Gun Ban

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by misterwhiskers, Nov 11, 2005.

1. misterwhiskers

misterwhiskers New Member

State:
    Trenton
    How can a city strip someone of their constitutional rights?

News said today San Fran residents have to April 1st to sell,store outside of San Fran,or turn in handguns.

I'm sure that'll put a stop to all the gang bangin there!I'm sure all the killers will be first in line to hand over their guns....LOL

2. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I once heard a man who was running for president say, " I believe in more local
    Government control ". There you have it. :D

3. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Well it must be ok for them to do that. The vote for it passed,didn't it?
    If the "gun freaks" wanted to keep theirs, then they should have put up a fight.
    Someone got it in their head a long time ago,if you have gun bans, then the criminals will give up theirs too.
    If you let them they will take them.
    Thats why the most ,and the only election that I always vote a party and only one party,is the senate races. They do the confirmation hearings, and, sorry to burst your fragiles bubbles,but, democraps are always, always, always, for stricker gun laws.
    Now you can debate and put up references to any and all websites, newspapers, and any other thing you want. The truth lies in the "CONGRESSIONAL VOTING RECORD". THATS NOT A BIASED WEBSITE,JUST THE PLAIN ,NON POLITICAL facts.
    :p

4. misterwhiskers

State:
    Trenton
    Everyone has a constitutional right to bear a firearm if they choose too,i don't see how it even came up for a vote.(must be the democraps your referring too)
    Stricter gun laws aren't gonna solve the problem,ya wanna solve the problem you do NOT go after law abiding citizens.Put more stricter laws on the books for violent crimes,crimes involving a gun.
    If someone gets 20 years for a gun crime you don't go and let them out after 2 1/2 years they do the full 20.
    (oh,where you gonna house all these upstanding citizzens ya ask?)
    I have a solution for that too!
    SWEATSHOPS
    thats right,convert these hardcore criminals into slave workers,hell it gives em a trade to learn while paying for their housing,meals and medical expenses!Then when they get out(if they get out) they have a skill and experience to get themselves a job and hopefully(HOPEFULLY) do not go back into civilization and commit more crimes.

5. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Maybe most of the San Francisco people want more gun control?

Tuesday they voted by 60% to give schools the option to reject military
    recruiters.

6. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Well,just wait and see if it is upheld.
    Bet it won't.
    Guess in San Francisco,they can always just hit them with their purse!! :crying: :crying: :crying:

7. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Dayton, good point.I started thinking that very same thing after I posted.
    They may have that same misguided thought as a lot of people do. Tighten up gun laws and all the violent people will stop all the evil the do in fear .

8. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    For people to be that obviously stupid I could manage to keep my pistol easily.
    Hang a 16 penny nail out of the barrel and claim it's a Ramset gun.

9. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Mark, the average person who would vote like that,
    wouldn't have a clue what a "ramset" gun was.

You could even call it a Hilti and they wouldn't get it.LMAO!

10. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    this gun ban in friswco has been around for a very long time. thanks to diane fienstien. i will not go into what locals out here call the person. you can own guns and handguns but not at your home or place of business and you cant own over 2 i believe it is and they got to be kept at a club etc. but gentelmen you have to remember one thing about this state and that city. its the deviles own stomping ground. there will never be a local judge that will say this aint right and overturn it. them people there in the city start to move in my area and sue farmers and construction companys about the dust and win! heck now they are after the dairy farmers about the smells from the cows (i feel these jerks need to get a life or donate thier big money to me so they quit having these stupid law suits) got to remember its in sf they overturned what the majority of the state wanted and a judge says its allright for gays to marry. i can go on but it just boils my blood. these extreme librals demoralized people are moving closer and closer by me everyday. i have another hoby i am real big into its radio control planes. there are some bat's short for bay area transplants not to far from out field trying to sue our club and the city here becasue they dont like the planes well we lost our field and are looking for a new one thanks to these peopl whats next we cant say we love our familys from these degenerats. grrrrrrrrrr i need a beer cept i dont drink.

11. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Tha't right bro. I totally agrre with you. That city comes up with some crazy laws....lol

12. misterwhiskers

State:
    Trenton
    from what i saw they want to ban shooting clubs/ranges also.It did pass a city/state vote but doubt it would hold up due to the constitution which clearly states a person right to own a firearm.
    Another thing the law is targeted towards handguns,i'm guessing its ok to have a shotgun?,rifle,m16?

13. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Quick post for now. I finally get to go have some lake fun. :cool: :thumbsup: :0a18: :0a20: :0010: :grin-big:

Maybe later I will write up something on this.
    For now, the way I see it, we dont need anymore gun laws, anywhere. We need fewer and others enforced.

Any gun law made anywhere in the USA will effect all one day.
    Once something is on the books, it is compared to other places.
    Got too many nuts out there pushing for laws that is no help what so ever.
    Its time for feds to step in and say enough is enough.
    Dang O wus States, towns what ever.
    I know we are talking bout one place but anytime guns laws is an issuer, we all better back the right cause. That is, we have the right to bare arms in America and criminals do not have that right.

14. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Its not all doom and gloom.The very next day after the law passed the NRA filed suit in court challenging this law.San Fran had passed this same law several years ago and the NRA won in court.The Mayor admits that it wont pass any legal challenge they just did it to try and make a statement.Look to see it thrown out again soon.

15. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Every time you turn around, Cal. (Or as I like to call it the left coast) is trying to come up with some crazy idea or another to make themselves think that they are living in a perfect world, LOL. "NEWS FLASH" Those peanutbutter brained morons in charge in that state don't have a clue.

I would like to see what they would say "if the criminals don't turn in their guns." "OH darn how are we going to protect ourselves now." Then it will be to late to do anything about it and they will be at the mercy of the gangbangers, killers, theives and rapist.

They need to get their heads out of the sand and look around and take in the big picture!!! JMO!!!

16. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    its not the state gov trying to impose this ban in san fran its the mayor anf city council they are a bunch of treehugging nitwits that would like to ban everything from fishing to guns to rc. m-16 cant own one in cali this all started after a guy in stockton opened fire in a school several years ago with a assult rifle. cant own em in cali anymore.