San Diego Fishing Report When Not Catfishing

Discussion in 'Pond Fishing' started by ksaechao, Mar 30, 2011.

1. ksaechao

ksaechao Guest

will do brothers, you know me always have a report almost everyday. thats how i do it

2. thefishinkid

thefishinkid Member

State:
    Vista, Ca
    hey man what are you using when you are fishing for them butts? Ive only hooked 1 and that was on a piece of clam saw him come up then he ran into some seaweed an broke me off
    always wanted to catch one

3. ksaechao

ksaechao Guest

Brother Billy, the best bait by far here is using live smelt about 4 inches, tie it to a three way swivel with a size 4 circle hook with atleast a 2ft leader,i like using 8lb for jigging and 12lb for live and you will catch them, also we catch a lot on jerk shad lure, colors white, clear with black top. hope this helps. they are coming in strong here in the bay. good luck out there in Oside.

4. thefishinkid

thefishinkid Member

State:
    Vista, Ca
    what about for macerel
    because when im up by pismo beach i catch some off the peir there with a sabiki rig but i dont know where to fish for them around here and do you use just the plain rig or do use some kinda cutbait?

5. ksaechao

ksaechao Guest

usaually if they are running then no bait just jig up and down, if they arent running then but mackeral or cut squid on the end of the hook should work just fine. Oside pier has a lot of bait fish and usually people catch halibut there. use live bait for haibut

6. boyntonfamily

boyntonfamily New Member

State:
    ca
    Herring always works for me :> fish.jpg

7. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Big Willie of AMAYSING FISHING . COM USCA Sponcer has fresh herring injected with his XXX blood Fish attractant..... I hear great reports from it. FYI........

8. thefishinkid

thefishinkid Member

State:
    Vista, Ca
    hey one nmore quick question
    when u put the squid or mackerel on the hook do you still jig it?

9. ksaechao

ksaechao Guest

sometimes depends on if they are running or not. most of the time you will have a couple hooked on after it hits the water if the mackeral are running.

10. mrfixer

mrfixer New Member

State:
    fresno ca
    WHEN YOU HEADING OUT? BE SAFE BRO DRIVE CAREFULLY STICK A PIG

11. ksaechao

ksaechao Guest

Brother Glen, we will be heading out friday after work now, just found out we are working a full shift now and it sux cause now we wont get to the river till 2 or 3 am. going to set up camp and fish for channels that night till the morning and go meet keith and the gang then go bait fishing for the rest of the afternoon, then its WAR TIME when the sun goes down. haha. the least that i can say is ill have a new AVATOR after this trip. haha. good luck to u guys out at the slough bro. looking forward to the report after and picture.

12. mrfixer

mrfixer New Member

State:
    fresno ca
    RIGHT ON BRO! I will be putting up a new avitar aswell after may 18th jims word (mudcatboy)

13. ksaechao

ksaechao Guest

might be a pic of me in the background holding the fish, haha, see you at the MO.

14. plainsman

plainsman New Member

State:
    minnesota
    I might get down that way in couple weeks, not sure, but how is fishing from the park just north of the bridge on Coronado? I think there is a pier on silver strand too, ever been there? If I get a chance I'm gonna try for day at the docks on Sat. got some stuff goin on so not sure. I was at Anglers choice at the FHS, never got back there to buy what I wanted tho. Bummer.

15. ksaechao

ksaechao Guest

Brother Tim, you are talking about the coronado ferry pier, never fished there before so i couldnt really tell you, if you would like give me a call a week or two before you get here and ill take you to the pier on base, As far as a pier on the silver strand there is none unless you are referring to the Imperial Beach Pier, both pier will produce, but depending on what you want to catch then that will determine which pier, Halibuts and Sandbass and Sharks On the base pier, bait fish on the IB pier.

16. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Oh Yea Kao - Your Right - When that sun goes down:
    "It's On" (lol)
    Good Luck down there :>

17. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Name:
    Sean
    Kao,
    Good luck in Blythe bro, you're gonna love it. Can't wait for you and Keith's reports. And I don't want to see pics of ur bait, (unless the bait is inside a big flats mouth), I want to see pics of flatheads. LOL

18. thefishinkid

thefishinkid Member

State:
    Vista, Ca
    hey man thanks for the tips went to oside pier last night with a friend and we fished from like 6:00-8:30 and we caught like 70-80 mackerel kept like ten for bait
    also had one pole out with a small mac and had one good run on it but when i ran over and picked up my pole he was gone
    reeled it up put on new mac and casted back out but didnt have any more bites
    also the glowstick thing was a good tip because the bite shut off after sun down so we bought some glowsticks tied em on and went right back to catching fish

mrfixer likes this.
  19. ksaechao

ksaechao Guest

GLAD I COULD HELP

20. FRANK WOO

FRANK WOO New Member

State:
    FRESNO, CA
    WHERE'S THE NEW REPORTS...LOL...