San Carlos update

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Overkil, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Overkil

Overkil New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Hey...just saw this on azbasszone.com posted today...

San Carlos (unlimited take)
    It just passed today that there will be "unlimited take" for any species of fish legally angled from now til Jan.
    BUT you will still need to purchase a license.

Looks like SC will lose even more H2O and maybe a fishkill will be next?? Anyway, thought you guys would be interested...

2. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    even the LMB and cats:confused2: could understand the strippers and carp

3. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    The SC is at 1800 acres right now, which is 2%, so basically what you have is a lake the size of Canyon or Apache, but only 10-15 feet deep. The deepest spot at SC right now is 15 feet. There is going to be a fish kill, no doubt about it. The run off is over for the year guys, we are in winter, the rains are over until next year.
    They are still pushing out 1CFS down stream, and are opening the gate more in Jan. Bye Bye San Carlos.
    What will be interesting and sad is that SC is known for huge LM Bass, and Flatheads, I would be curious to see how big the Bass, and Flatheads are, that get pulled out of the mud.
    You also have to remember, the SC Indian tribe, has no water rights, and they do not control of have an say so, about water levels. The Army Corp of Engineers is the deciding element, when it comes to shooting off water.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  4. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    :sad2::sad2: I remember in 1979 Lake Pleasant was in the same shape,had a big fish kill and all!Even found an airplane sunk in the mud on the bottom of the lake!

5. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    All my bass gear just jumped on top of me and said lets go!

6. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    well i guess thay better start dancing:smile2:

7. suey

suey New Member

State:
    arizona
    i didnt know pr1mo was a green carp lover:smile2:

now, dont quote me, but i bet we end up seeing a state record flathead, pushin 90, come out of this

or see one floating with the fish kill

might even see some 4lb + crappies as well.....

bass, probably some nice mid teens ... but i dont think record

8. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    The catfish will be the last to go! In fact unless it completely dries up,or the water gets too contaminated with other dead fish,would be hard to kill the cats! Be interesting to see! Maybe we can all get up a raindance!!:big_smile:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  9. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    green carp :smile2: thats what im going to tell game and fish when they see one on my 10/0 owner hook with 16oz of weight keeping it down!:smile2:

But yes bass are fun as all heck to catch I know aver 10 places in az where I can go and get over 40+ fish so after a long night of catfishing and not getting a damn thing guess what 40+ bass the next day makes up for that real quick!