San Antonio Propeller Repair

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Marcos, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Marcos

Marcos New Member

State:
    Texas
    Does anyone know where I can get my Propeller repaired in San Antonio?
    Also how much does it cost on average? I have a 3 blade Aluminum prop with 1 bent blade. I have ordered a new one online but would like to have my old one repaired to keep as a back up. Maybe even get this one repaired before my other one arrives.

2. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    Hey marcos,

Never dealt with this guy before but I see him post on 'craigslist' all the time, he's on Roosevelt just inside 410. A few years ago I called there but don't know if he's the same guy, I was looking for rivets for a flat bottom I was trying to fix. If anything maybe you can find a prop there.

Hope this helps and welcome to the BOC

Rubes

3. hillcountryfishin

hillcountryfishin New Member

State:
    tx
    Tex ALL boats
    They are near I35 and the 1604...the forum shopping area
    I dropped off my SS Prop with a spun hub and they had it back to me a week , ready to go for 90.00
    They also have alot of refurbished props on hand as well, might be cheaper than getting yours fixed. I picked up a back up aluminum one for 80.00
    I have alway sdealt with them from small jon boat motors old and new to larger motors and they always go outta their way to treat you right.
    They are listed in the yellow pages. Or just google them and it should come up.
    Hard to find good people these days and they are.
    Hope this helps
    Cliff

4. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    I personally wouldnt deal w/ the guy ruben is talking about I know Him & u'll probably not be happy, no offense Ruben I've dealt w/him before, I would go to TEXALL or TRACKER on I35, they both have a good selection!!!

5. Marcos

Marcos New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks! Ruben, Cliff, and Will!
    I'll call and see what they can do for me. I really apreciate the quick responses!

6. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    none taken Will, as I stated 'never dealt with him' just throwing another option out there.

Rubes

7. Marcos

Marcos New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hi All!
    Well I called around for my prop repair. It would cost about $90.00 to get it repaired vs. a new one for $114.00 at the local shops. I found one online for $65.95 plus $8.00 shipping or $73.95. Now I just gotta wait for it. Here is the link to the site so you can check and see if it's that cheap for your motor. Mines a 1992 25hp Evinrude maybe that's why it was cheap. I am gonna wait till it comes in and try it out if I like I will order another one as a back up so I don't have to wait next time.

http://store.soderbloom.com