San Angelo TX

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by sindy1200, Feb 24, 2008.

1. sindy1200

sindy1200 New Member

State:
    texas
    I'm new to this sight, someone at fishingforums.com suggested this site as he said ya'll were very helpful. I'm needing information for Spring Sreek in San Anglo, I found a beautiful spot on a recent trip to angelo called Foster Park and I want to put in a flat bottom boat and follow it toward Mertzon and try the fishing this Spring. I 'm not sure the water would be deep enough to follow it very far. Anyone got suggestions.
    I'm from Midland and looking for somewhere close to get in on the spring spawn on a creek or stream instead of a lake.

Thanks Sindylou:crazy:

2. peej

peej New Member

State:
    cameron,tx
    I've been their once didn't have any luck..but if you want to add another hour to your drive.I can tell you their is NICE lake in Brady.Just 45 minutes to hour east of Brady. I've caught some nice yella up some of the creek beds.Right now my PawPaw in law said the crappies and blues is biting real good up stream and around the docs.we exchage fish last night. he brought me some crappies and i gave him some channels kats that I caught this weekend and early this month.

3. sindy1200

sindy1200 New Member

State:
    texas
    Thanks for the info. Just might have to give Brady a try.

4. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    welcome to the boc, u will like what u see. Dont be shy about asking questions either someone on here will know the answer to all questions asked!!!!!!

5. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i had good luck at nasworthy in october and november. there were a lot of crappie. i did not take my boat so i did not do any catfishing. in the river down town they were catching a lot of catfish whenever they released them into the river.

6. DTSB

DTSB New Member

State:
    Texas
    if i remember right, spring creek flows into twin buttes, there are several concrete dams or walls upstream from the lake towards the mertzon area

7. sindy1200

sindy1200 New Member

State:
    texas
    Does anyone have any suggestions on fishing creeks with walls or damns. I guess it depends on the depth of the water and length of the creek before the walls. Best to fish right in front of them or where the water splills over?
    Thanks Sindy1200:wink:

8. marky1957

marky1957 New Member

State:
    texas
    I went to nazworthy in 89 or 90 i think it was. nice smaller lake. Some guy shot up a guy with a shot gun the nite before we were there, so there was no one in the park to speak of. It was quite and pleasant for july. Every one took off cause they hadnt caught the guy. I thought, hell he aint gonna be here now. Had a great time camping and rented a small boat from a marina there at the campground.