Sam's Catfish Boat Lights

Discussion in 'Catfishing Library' started by Whistler, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Original post made by Sam Sherry(Sam9266) on July 6, 2004

Mine are 2 110 watt each "baja" lights from walmart too. I tried the 55 watt but they didnt put out near enough light for me. I run my little narrow winding river at night at 35-45 mph and these 110's light it up pretty good for me. I wanted them to be easy to mount and unmount and not take up much storage room when not in use. I used Driftmaster fishing rod holder bases to mount to the boat. I Then mounted the light to a 1/8" thick X 1 1/4" wide steel bar with a larger hole drilled in for the thumb screw to go thru to secure it to the driftmaster base. I added a little steel post to the base that lines up with a second smaller guide hole in the light bar that keeps it all in the exact same position every time I remount the lights. This keeps me from having to adjust the lights everytime. Adjusting the lights the first time can be a pain... the lights hit the water totally different if youre on plane verses sitting still and getting the correct right to left isnt so easy either. Now that mine are adjusted I never mess with the adjusted nuts that attaches the light to the bar, that little guide hole and guide post puts it back in the same exact position everytime for me. I also rewired mine with slim line extention cords from Home Depot and the plug receptacles are also from the electrical dept at H.D.. I wired it to a toggle at the the drivers console. I highly suggest you have a toggle that you can operate while driving as sometimes you can actually see better with them off.. like when theres patchy early morning fog in the dark. I also suggest mounting them to the front of the boat to avoid any glare shining back at ya.
    Im gonna try posting pics ... this is my first attempt.. hopes it works...
    Good luck on your lights.. you have several good ideas here to help you design some that will be right for you and your boat.

Take care... Sam

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]