same fish within 1 hour

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Cgoyette, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Cgoyette

Cgoyette New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Well caught the same fish within 1 hour yesterday.

Same spot also.

Drifting came to a hault yesterday afternoon so I went to a spot I usually can get a few and waited and waited and about 345 caught a big blue male about 15 lbs then a hour of the front left rod he had a bulge on his side that was strange like the fat lumps you see on dogs sometime.

well 1 hour later caught the same fish only diiferance hook was on other corner of his mouth.

Leeson learned they go back to there holes and dont care to much about being caught.

Bait Bluebacks
    Hooks Diachi light circle chunk 7/0
    50LB test Big Game
    1 1/2 oz lead
    swivel and leader (leader 30 Inches)
    Leader Camo Line 50 LBS
    Sharkspere Ugly stick lights (cork handles) 14-40 lbs rods
    7000 ABU

2. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    That's crazy! Pretty neat story though...

3. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Just like in Dory in Nemo fish suffer from short term memory believe it or not..I'm not sure about cats but I know a largemouths memory only last about 2 minutes..

4. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Billy? Tommy? Jimmy? Oh look a worm!

5. santeefishhunter

santeefishhunter New Member

State:
    north caro
    I caught a flathead twice within 10 minutes of each other drifting. We lost the flathead the first time and line was broken. 10 minutes later caught same fish and there was my cajun red line and 8/0 hook in side of mouth. I couldn't beleive it!:big_smile:

6. dudley-1

dudley-1 New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    We caught two stripers this spring that had been recently hooked and the line had broke,one had the hook line and swivel and the other had just a hook.Here is a pic with the one with just the hook.Its hard to see but Jeff is holding the fish up with his hook and in the other corner of its mouth is another hook.Yes I recycled and used it later on.

Attached Files:

7. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    My wife and I were fishing the tournament at Wateree this past Saturday night and had a strange catch. We were drifting cut SkipJack in 20', about a foot off the bottom. The bite and hook-up felt wierd all the way to the boat, it was a Largemouth Bass. It weighed right at 5lbs. :smile2:

8. catfishinsc

catfishinsc New Member

State:
    SC
    I've caught bass on cutbait before in the river, but not that big. Been catching several bream on it this year.