Sam Rayburn

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by oldnndway, Nov 26, 2005.

1. oldnndway

oldnndway New Member

State:
    Texas
    Anybody do any fishing on Sam Rayburn ?

Especially the southern end, say below 147 bridge ?

2. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    oldnndway,

I normally fish around Jackson Hill, or Hanks Creek park.

I like to camp at Hanks creek and put out some trot lines around that area.. I used to camp at Jackson Hill, but it's been closed down now for a couple of years.

Pretty good fishing around 147 Bridge area..

Say,

Could you go into your profile and fill it out? It sure would help to know who im talking to. You can use just your first name if you want. Be sure and put in your town and State.

There is a place for your picture also, it's called an avatar. Would be nice to see who we are talking to also.

Welcome to the Boc....

3. George Graham

George Graham New Member

State:
    Texas
    bud1110 and oldnndway

My brother in law and I fished Sam Rayburn out of Shirley Creek 11-12-05 thru 11-15-05.

We thought about going across to Hank's Creek to put out some lines but didn't get around to it.

We caught a 41# yellow and about 25 blues from 2 to 8 #'s, all within sight of Shirley Creek.

We were fishing a small tournament and didn't even place.

Our competitors whupped us. Multiple 60+#er's, some 50's, bunch of 40's and about 25 over 20#'s.

Had a great time. Will be going back in the spring.

I am attaching a pic of our 41#er and some of the ones that beat us.

Graham

Attached Files:

4. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    George,

Those were some nice pictures. Very nice sized fish.

I have fished at Shirley creek many times in the past. Lot's of stumps out past there, that hold some good fish.

Say you need to fill out your profile, and put a picture of your self up. There are a lot of giveaways going on right now, but your profile must be filled out completely, with a valid avatar (picture), to be eligible to enter.

5. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    george, welcome to the BOC! Those are some nice fish! Looks like your day was full of smiles! :)