Sam Rayburn Report

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jer__man, Jun 22, 2009.

1. jer__man

jer__man New Member

State:
    Kingwood Texas
    Put out 6 juglines Sat evening in 22 - 24 ft. Each line has 3 hooks, baited each line with 1 piece of cut bait (bream) and the other 2 hooks I tried a bait I ordered from Clarks Bait; it is basically a soap bait. Sunday morning had 3 channels in the 1 1/2 lb range on the Clarks Bait and 1 blue 10 lbs on cut bait. There was no wind at night, water temp was 82.

2. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I jugged for the first time this weekend and it was a blast!

3. hawkerhino

hawkerhino New Member

State:
    KY
    i dont want you to give away you hot spots but where on Rayburn is a good place to look for some big cats. i have not had enought time to search the lake looking for the good spots. usually i fish around the mill creek or san augistne area or around the sandy creek area.

any input would be greatly appricated.

also bait for the big cats??

4. jer__man

jer__man New Member

State:
    Kingwood Texas
    My lake house is just north of the Hwy 147 bridge so I mainly stick to the North end of the lake. I fish alot on the flats around the main river channel for ops this time of year. The channel is 50ft at normal pool and the flats I fish are in 40 - 44 ft. Last weekend I fished a little shallower on a drop off that goes from 10ft to 24ft fairly quick because I wasn't sure what the wind was going to do the next day. If you want to fish structure the Black Forest area is good, it's just south of the 147 bridge and the channel runs through it as well. Order a Hot Spots map from www.fishinghotspots.com these are the best maps I have found and also include GPS coordinates. As far as bait I always use live bream for ops. For blues I go with cut bait although recently I've been trying some of these soap based baits but just started using them so I can't give an honest review yet of there performance. My PB is a 60lb op and 35lb blue both on bream. There are tons of bream in the lake and they are easy to catch with either a trap or r & r. Good Luck next time you come down.

5. jer__man

jer__man New Member

State:
    Kingwood Texas
    I actually meant hook n line maps. they're at www.hooknline.com

6. hawkerhino

hawkerhino New Member

State:
    KY
    Thanks Jer,

fished sever diffrent spots on the lower end of the lake all last week with some luck. mostly just keeper size but nothing big. i am goign to have to try to go north more and try it out. seems like there is way to many lines on the south end anymore.

7. jstall

jstall New Member

State:
    Gary Texas
    I fished Rayburn week before last. We caught lots of catfish on rod and reel. They seem to just want minnows. They were in 37 to 42 FOW. We were fishing aournd the black forrest. You are right there are lines everywhere. Most of them are unmarked. A lot of them had dead catfish floating on them.

8. Jasonshaneharris

Jasonshaneharris New Member

State:
    Texas
    What depths do i need to focus on in october? water is starting to get a little colder. 70s and low 80s.