sam casey bridge

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by adamg_08, May 31, 2009.

1. adamg_08

adamg_08 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Is there any good spots for catfishing near the casey bridge in goldsboro on arrington bridge road im kinda new to the area and catfishing as well any suggestions on the goldsboro area would be great...type of bait, hook size, and line weight, i mostly fish bream and bass as well as alot of surf fishing in the outer banks. any tips would be great

2. Cattn-Jeep

Cattn-Jeep New Member

State:
    NC
    Welcome to the BOC!!

I used to drive back and fish the sand bar thats just upstream from the bridge, but it's posted as private property now...I guess a hunting club runs the land now. I'm not mad at them for closing it off, people couldn't respect it and kept dumping trash out there. I'd gladly go out and help them to clean up if they were willing to open it up again- and I'm sure local BOC members would help some too. :wink:

To the right of the boat ramp you can catch bream. I have not tried around the bridge yet, but there may be a hole on the down stream side of the bridge depending on how hard the bottom is. I've seen 3 to 5 lb channels caught right at the sand bar and heard of 35 lb and 40-ish lb flatheads caught on the sandbar.

I guy I work with was bow fishing and got a 25-ish lb gar by the sand bar too...that was supposed to be mine...I spent a whole summer trying to catch it...:sad2:

3. adamg_08

adamg_08 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    do you know of any other good spots in goldsboro i have herd ferry bridge is good and by the sewage plant as well

4. Cattn-Jeep

Cattn-Jeep New Member

State:
    NC
    We've caught a few at Ferry Bridge, one of my friends caught his Personal Best(PB) Flathead there. Upstream from there, there is an "island" with a hole just downstream from it.

I've never heard of people fishing the "Sewage Plant"...or is that the Arington Bridge Rd crossing at the Nesue? If so, I've never caught one there, but I know a couple people who have. It's supposed to be good fishing across from the "spot" along the rip rap. I've seen Striped bass come out of there too. Stoney Creek dumps out just down stream from the bridge.

5. adamg_08

adamg_08 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    well maybe tuesday or wedsday night ill go visit mr coors and get a some 2/0 hooks and head down to the bridge or either to the ferry bridge road and stay about 2 or 3 hours and see if i have some luck. my buddy owns some land in indian springs on the neuse i mite go there sometime i think im gona use some chicken livers when i go

6. Cattn-Jeep

Cattn-Jeep New Member

State:
    NC
    Try drifting a 1/2 piece of bacon on a float if the livers don't work...