Saluda River

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Chalk, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Chalk

Chalk New Member

State:
    Union, South Carolina
    Has anyone ever fished the Saluda where hwy 121 crosses it? I went over it today on my way back from Augusta, Ga and thout it might would be a good place to fish. If anyone has ever had a luck there or know anything about the area I would appreciate any in site you can give.

Thanks,:wink:

2. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Kevin, i use to fish the Saluda a lot. Mostly for stripers but did a little catfishn when the stripers wasn't in the river. I'm really not sure what bridge you are talking about but we use to fish the one below saluda river resort and done pretty good at night. Never no big ones but up to 12lbs.
    On down next to the power lines i have heard is even better:big_smile:

3. cattastrophe

cattastrophe New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    The 121 bridge is below saluda river resort , Kevin I have had some pretty good luck putting in at the resort and fishing from there to murry , lots of 3 to 10 lbs but my PB there was a 23 lb blue. I usely fish it in fall into winter but there are some good fish there.

4. slojam

slojam New Member

State:
    scarolina
    right after i got out of the army in the mid 70's i worked in silverstreet,lived at gwd.shores.as long as they were pullin water at buzzard roost you could always catch cats(big and little)night or day.also stripers,white bass,shellcrackers... (at certain times of course)allways catsany time of year. :big_smile: