Saluda River Just Below The Greenwood Dam

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by sarSWAMPFOX, May 17, 2007.

1. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Just below the Greenwood dam on the Saluda River at the 39 Bridge in Chappell. I hunt deer & turkey on land that has alot of water front. As I set in my stand I can look down into the boats that pass by. And some times ask if they are having any luck. Why not their already talking loud enough for the deer to hear. But the one question I never thought to ask is where did they put there boat in. I mean these are some large vessels not just jon boats. So what I'm asking is if anyone in the BOC might be able to tell me where the closest public ramp to this area of the river might be. If not can anyone tell me where I can find a 25' handle for my dip net LOL. Thanks for any info.

2. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    The only public ramp that I know of on that whole section of river is Saluda River Resort.I hear tell that when the water is runnin out of the dam that people fly up thru there on plane over the top of all those rock piles and trees accross the river.Not this ol boy.:big_smile:

3. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    I know about the one at 121 bridge. Long ways away a plenty sheols between. But the area at 39 bridge looks real nice.

4. TWEEDER

TWEEDER New Member

State:
    SC
    Guess what Fox I made it to the BOC. Thanks for the invite. Hey I can just imagine you in your stand. 30-06 out the front and twin abu 7000's out the back. Gotta Love It!!