Saluda river boat ramp phone #

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by foothills, Apr 17, 2007.

1. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    do any of y'all have the phone number for the boat ramp on the saluda that is off of white horse road...it's down there on the left and it is privately owned...it's gated and has certain hours of operation...last year the guy had the place up for sale...parking lot is all asphalt and it cost $5 bucks to launch...i have only been there once and i had all the info but i lost it since then...i was wantin to give them a call before i go there in case he ain't open anymore or something...it will save me a trip...thanks.

2. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Craig, the ramp is still open and is still for sale. you can launch anytime if he isnt open there is a box on the door to pay. Dont carry a cast net with you because any thing from the r.r. down at the dam and up it is illegal to have one with you. but the lake is loaded with big gizzard shad and tons of crappie but I think it is way over crowded with them because a big one is rare. Not much of a catfish lake though. I go there sometimes to catch crappie and perch for bait. use extreme caution when leaving the cove the ramp is in. it gets very shallow till you get to the other side some places a couple of inches.

3. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Ronald...thanks for info...i was thinking last year he had the gate locked at certain times and you could not get in there until 7 am or so and that's why i wanted to give him a call...i also remember reading a sign about catfish tournaments being held there on a regular basis so i thought maybe it would be worth a shot to see what the catfishing is like...do you remember the name of the place...i might could find it in the phone book and get the hours of operation.

4. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    it is called saluda landing i can swing by there and get a card and post the number for you its not bout maybe 10 min from the house. I think he may have tried those cat tournies a time or 2 last yr with no success. I fished one about 6 or 7 yrs back and went out there with hopes of catching a few good fish and never caught anything. well then at the wiegh in that night i was shocked people were weighing 30 to 40 lbs of fish and it seems like the largest was under 3 lbs. so I never went back. there have been a few good fish caught in there but they are very few and far between.

5. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    yeah that would be great...if you don't mind and have an extra minute please swing by and get the phone #...i would appreciate it!!!!!!...might still give it a try when i get frustrated with hartwell, monty, etc.......THANKS!!!!