Saluda River and Monticello March 28th

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CKT, Mar 29, 2007.

1. CKT

CKT New Member

State:
    Winston-Salem,NC
    we started out this morning at the saluda river and fished alot of places seen one other person who looked like they were catfishin at 5:30 we had not caught anything and decided to go to monty since its on the way back to the cabin. got there around 6:20 and went to the deep water and had no luck so we went behind the islands and found fish in about 9ft of water we caught a 33lb 27lb 19lb 15lb 14lb 6lb blues . it all happened at sunset in about a hour and half at the max . good day on monty BE CAREFUL water is pulled down low tore up boat motor prop and leg on cement ramp while loading !

2. CKT

CKT New Member

State:
    Winston-Salem,NC
    heres some of the pics

Attached Files:

3. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    those are some nice cats,i am looking foward to getting back down to monty myself,what bait did ya use,i probably will go next friday or saturday,weather permitting.sorry to hear about your prop,i know when we were down 2 weeks ago the water was pretty low then,as low as i have seen it there,kinda surprised me that we didnt have trouble loading and unloading the toon,but it wasnt bad,thanks for the report

4. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Well thats a whole lot better than the last time yall where there.Congrats now you know what Monticello has to offer.

5. Grizdog

Grizdog New Member

State:
    SC
    Wow, that's great. When you say you "...found them in 9 feet of water", do you mean with your depth finder......or with your bait when you tried fishing there?

6. CKT

CKT New Member

State:
    Winston-Salem,NC
    found it with the depth finder

7. CKT

CKT New Member

State:
    Winston-Salem,NC
    after re reading your question i dont think i answered you correctly. we found the shallow water with the depth finder and when we threw out the bait the fish found us sorry bout that !

8. catfishing365

catfishing365 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Very nice stringer. Way to go.

9. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Glad y'all let the bigger fish swim free. Great catch also.

10. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    :big_smile: WOW!! Thats an impressive burst of fish!! Sounds like you had the magic combo mojo going on there. Congrats!!