Saluda Lake Greenville county

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by flatheadsalyer1, Jun 11, 2008.

1. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    I have heard a lot of big cats are in there. Has anyone ever fished there? If so are the rumors true? I know the saluda has produced a lot of good quality cats for me, but I have never fished the lake. Thanks for any info in advance!

2. jsthumb

jsthumb New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Welcome to the BOC Steve.
    I have fished Saluda Lake on and off for about 10 years. I have heard rumors also about some large cats being pulled out of that lake, but the biggest I have personally caught there was a 12 lb'er. That is the biggest I have personally seen. It wouldnt suprise me if there were a few lunkers in there but I have never found them. The average that I have caught out there is 2-4 lbers (Perfect eating sized if you ask me).

3. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    jsthumb, Thanks for the welcome to the BOC, and the word on Saluda lake! I live in Pickens, and fish a lot on hartwell. I have always heard about saluda lake and wanted to give her a try being close to home, but the unknown I guess always kept me away. I am gonna give it a try week after next and see how it goes. I am always looking for a change of scenery. Thanks again, and good luck to ya!

4. jsthumb

jsthumb New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Well good luck to you steve and let us know how the trip turns out. Are you fishing from a boat or the bank?

5. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Steve - welcome to the BOC :big_smile: I've never heard any reports about Saluda Lake, but I just read something that suggested that the average depth was just 3 feet. Can't confirm that, though, so maybe you need to give it a try a let us know how it went!